lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #1
Mistercamaro
Not Yet Wild

Default Clutch question

I have a 78 gas marathon.
It runs good but when I go to give it gas the motor spools up and then the drive kicks in and practically does a hole shot, like snap your head back holeshot.
It’s almost like it has a stall converter.
Thoughts on the reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mistercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #2
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutch question

My drive clutch used to do that but not to the extreme as you stated. What's happening, at least to mine was the the clutch would stick and not slide in as soon as it should have. Then when it "breaks loose" it jumps into the belt and grabs it with the engine revved up making it jump.

If you can look at your drive clutch while your revving the engine. See if it sticks and sort of jumps into the belt once the engine gets revved up enough. It should squeeze on the belt smoothly.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
redm18
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Clutch question

I think that is a sign that the clutch is on its last legs. Mine does that. Hope to get a bit longer out of it but know its coming.
redm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO