lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
ryanau2002
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrading 2013 Yamaha Drive

I had a couple of questions and was hoping someone could help.

1.) What are the largest tires that I can put on my cart without a lift? 20” height? Also, what width? Can I go 10”? Would I need spacers?

2.) Is there anything I can do to increase torque/speed without a large cost? I live in a neighborhood with hills, and my cart has alot of trouble at times making it up the hill.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ryanau2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Upgrading 2013 Yamaha Drive

No cheap torque. And bigger tires is just gonna make your torque issues worse. If you already have problems on hills, I advise not getting bigger tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
ryanau2002
Not Yet Wild

I should rephrase that....it goes much slower up the hills. I doesnt have trouble. I have stock tires now that have low tread, and I need to buy new tires soon. I am looking to buy a new tire wheel combo and I would appreciate any recommendations. Is there an adjustment that can be made somewhere to increase speed?

Old 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #4
LPnTX
Gone Wild

I believe a 205/65/10 and 215/50/12 are the largest tires you can put on a stock cart.

Regarding speed/torque, the stock Moric controller is garbage. A Alltrax XCT 300 or 500 amp controller will give you much more speed/torque, however the junk Hitachi motor will fail in 2 years or less.

Cal Don Plowman of Plowman's Carts, a site sponsor and talk to him about his Riot Kit. You won't be disappointed. I have a 07 G29 and made these mods and cart runs great.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock controller can be adjusted for 19 mph, but there's no free way to do it. A unique number has to be ordered from yamaha, and only yamaha dealer can do it. It wont improve torque, and probably wont help speed up hill either.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #6
ryanau2002
Not Yet Wild

Thank you CGtech!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha