lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2021, 07:51 AM   #1
Sleezy81
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question G2 bouncy brake pedal

1989 Yamaha G2. I had to recently replace the brakes. I purchased new backing plate assemblies and new drums. Since installing the new brakes, the pedal bounces back and forth while in motion. Not violently or anything like that just enough that it is annoying. The cart seems to be braking fine. I have them adjusted correctly from the best I can tell. Has anyone experienced this and maybe have a suggestion? Is there any way to maybe tighten the pedal travel up to keep it from jumping?
Sleezy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2021, 09:55 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: G2 bouncy brake pedal

I have had drums that didn't quite fit the centering ring on the axle and caused the drum to be out of round and do the same thing.
Place your cart on stands, remove both rear wheels, finger tighten the lugs back on and start the cart.
Watch the drums for wobble or out of round.
I had to center grind the drums a little to get them to seat flat which corrected my issue.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha