lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default can someone tell me about a charger

i have a 91 ezgo marathon
my charger is a textron total charge charger
and the thing will come on for a few minits and turn back off
when i check the pack it shows 36.7 when i check each battery i get 3 that is 6.1,6.3 and 6.4 on the other is 6.0 ,5.9 and 5.5
ok with these number the charger should come on and stay on till a full charge but it will not and when you drive the cart you can go maybe a half a mile then it crocks you get it back to the house and check the battries and all are showing about the same thing the lowest one will be about 4.o will that make it die like that
i have changed the wires and its not no better
so can that one battery be the down fall of my cart
thanks for the help
dave
falconer_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: can someone tell me about a charger

Yes... the battery is probably dead and the other 5.9 is suspect.... the charger may be another problem. Is there another cart you can try the charger on or another charger you can try somewhere? Refer to the battery state of charge chart below and remember that the manufacture says to never draw the pack down below 50% ... Sounds like you are draining your batts too much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batterytable1-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 8 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: can someone tell me about a charger

i am with scotty i would check the charger on another cart if it works good then batteries if not is is the relay on the circut board in the charger replace the board they are about 60 bux but check the charger on another cart first
rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO