lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #11
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: oil pump prime

Are you sure the oil pump gear is properly engaged on the counter balance shaft? I can't think of a single reason why it won't maintain prime unless wither the inlet port is stopped up or the pump isn't sealed properly as in it sucking air from somewhere. New O rings on both the pump cover and the filter?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
Coryhayess
Not Yet Wild

Update: I just started up the cart without priming the oil pump and I immediately build pressure. It seems that when the engine reaches a warm temp the oil pressure falls. I will confirm again tomorrow. I am running just a regular 10w30. Any thoughts of maybe a thicker oil?
Coryhayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #13
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Thats whats called for. I would run it and keep and eye on it if you are confident that you followed all the steps to rebuild according to the book. When I did mine I never worried about the pressure switch since it wasn't connected to anything anyway. Its been running like a top.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see fresh rebuild and wonder are your bearing and pump clearances right?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #15
Coryhayess
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure what else I can check as far as clearances with the pump go. I've replaced both gears and the cover and all new O rings all the way around. Again this evening fires right up with great oil pressure. But a few minutes into it pressure falls and eventually is nothing. Not sure how the engine being warm could have an effect on this.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #16
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Isn't there a relief spring in there....look at item 93. Could be a sacked out spring affected by heat. Or possibly warping in the case when heated.

roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #17
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

If you refer to the manual, you will find the measurements and tolerances for the engine. There is a spacer that goes on the end of the balancer shaft. The manual has a formula for measuring to determine the correct spacer for both the crank and balance shaft. I believe that this spacer is for end play of the shaft and should not affect the pump since the pump is on the outside of the case cover and the spacer goes on the inside. If the oil pickup tube which runs from the bottom of the crank case into the cover and up to the pump is clear, and the pump rotor is turning within the outer rotor, then there certainly has to be pressure. With that being said, when you rebuilt the engine, did you vat the block and head etc.? I took mine to a large parts washer and thoroughly flushed each piece, running a brush and wire through all the little passageways to ensure that no gunk or trash was left inside. It took a while but I didn't want to take any chances on any metal frags being left behind. I broke a con rod and there was a ton of trash inside when I started. Just a thought.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #18
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Roady, I asked him about the check valve and he said it was good, but I agree it could be failing.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
Coryhayess
Not Yet Wild

I have cleaned all the ports in the head, I will order a new relief valve and try that. I've tried everything else. Thanks guys I will update you with what I find with that
Old 02-20-2015, 08:03 PM   #20
Coryhayess
Not Yet Wild

Ok I'm stumped. Tried a new pressure relief spring and still no different. Good Oil pressure until the engine reaches temp the it falls to zero within a min.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO