lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
oliver28472
Getting Wild

Default Solenoid crossover

Does anything else use this solenoid besides club car carts?
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid crossover

all carts use a solenoid but there all different and you have to use a G.C. solenoid a car soleniod won,t work...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

car solenoids are not designed for constant duty, it will burn up after some use. A car solenoid is only engaged when you have the key in the start position, on a cart, it is engaged all the time the cart is running.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
oliver28472
Getting Wild

I understand that a car solenoid cannot be used. Solenoids are used in many applications so I wondered if the club car solenoid is the same as some other application besides a car.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there were some late 80,s par-cars that used one just like it besides the mounting base the holes didn,t match up and for some reason it cost twice as much......................................yama,s are completely different and EZ,s are different ...........................................
Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not telling you to go down this road, but...
I guess you could make any relay rated for enough amps and continues duty work. It does seem a bit high priced for a simple relay. All it does is connect the generator to the battery when the go peddle is pressed. You could check the surplus supply type places (surplus center, etc.) Just make sure that the Contact Rating is high enough and the Duty Cycle is 100% Many of these industrial supply places provide all the technical info you would need to determine the amps it can handle and the duty cycle of the stuff they sell.

But then, you would have a cobbled up cart. Unless you really can't afford the right parts, you really should not try to make due with something that just might work, get the right parts for your cart. Just like using the right tool for the job, in the end, it's much easier.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
oliver28472
Getting Wild

I learn new stuff every day. I bought a solenoid (new) from my local club car parts place. I noticed that the base looked different. Instead of the ear tabs being on opposite sides they were at 90 degrees to each other. The guy said all you need is 1 screw. So I put it on and tightened down all the wires etc.. Didn't work. Noticed that I blew out the 10 amp fuse and said well here goes a trip to the parts house. Well maybe I have an extra in the left side glove box. Dug all the crap outa there and not only found a fuse but the solenoid that came on the cart that I replace about a year or so back. I've learned how to test them and it checks OK. Put it on and it runs again. The new one I bought from my local dealer did not check OK. Problem solved and the bad part is going back. Thanks all!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

way to go now just hope they take it back you how fussy they get with elec. parts............................................. ..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car