lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #31
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: gas in air box

So i wonder if the line from the engine to the fuel pump is too long and has a dip in it. Should be loose, but not tight, and not have a dip in it.

I wandering if the carb was put together or if theres a prblem with the fuel float, satysing oepn and pouring fuel down the air tube. But does not expain fuel in the oil.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #32
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i dontthink you need to buy a new carb at what 200 bucks when a can of cleaner abnd some wire and about a hour of time for a quicky, or overnite for a though cleaning will do.
i might suggest pulling the carb off agian, cleaning it up runingthe wire though every orifice you can, blowing out every orifice with a blow gun before reassembling insuring you have put the carb back thgether correctly. expectly the fuel bowl.
i know techumsec engines have to have there fuel bowlls and needle holde thingy on the float set just in a way otherwise it will cause the same hell. but they have a 2 level fuel bowl and my kaw has a one level, dosent matter bow. with a drian lpug in the bottom to drian it out. but im gong to assume you carb needs a god cleaning and made sure it was put together correctly and look at the quailty of your fuel! if its ol, try a gallon of new stuff! see here that get you with a carb cleaning!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
93carryall
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
i dontthink you need to buy a new carb at what 200 bucks when a can of cleaner abnd some wire and about a hour of time for a quicky, or overnite for a though cleaning will do.
i might suggest pulling the carb off agian, cleaning it up runingthe wire though every orifice you can, blowing out every orifice with a blow gun before reassembling insuring you have put the carb back thgether correctly. expectly the fuel bowl.
i know techumsec engines have to have there fuel bowlls and needle holde thingy on the float set just in a way otherwise it will cause the same hell. but they have a 2 level fuel bowl and my kaw has a one level, dosent matter bow. with a drian lpug in the bottom to drian it out. but im gong to assume you carb needs a god cleaning and made sure it was put together correctly and look at the quailty of your fuel! if its ol, try a gallon of new stuff! see here that get you with a carb cleaning!
well as much as i hated to buy a new one, i had no where else to turn. i got one for 109.00 with all new gaskets and free shipping. every trip to the machanic is another 100.00. as far as cleaning goes i have had it cleaned at the local small engine shop once and i have done it myself twice and everytime i clean it, it will run for a little while and then be broke down again. there's a rubber cone shaped thing on top of the float that shut the gas off when the bowl is full i think that rubber thing is the problem.
93carryall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car