lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
WineStream
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car gas DS stops running on a SIDE incline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
I an late chiming in but this is the
order I would try.
Take a helper to push on pedals as you test and a bucket of tools.
when it quits check for spark where it lies.
No spark chafed wire or
I am not sure about this but low oil cut off?
Got spark, pull the line at the carb from your "mystery thing' fuel pump.
Got fuel, my guess is a bad or sticking float.
No fuel, we have to look into oil blocked vacuum line to pump.
Good idea on the oil. There is an oil indicator light on the cart, but I am not sure if it is a low pressure sensor, a level sensor, etc.

I've already taken off the carb and been through it...no gunk anywhere, float and bowl is clean, inlet and valve all good, jets clear. Reinstalled and still have same issue.

Oil blocked vacuum line...now that might be a winner. I will check that. I've visually inspected the vac line, but haven't pulled it to make sure it's clear.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Keep the additional ideas coming. By the time I get back to the cart, I'll have a list long enough to keep me going for half a day. I think I'll run out of beer before I find the issue though. Good thing there's two days to a weekend.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #12
WineStream
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car gas DS stops running on a SIDE incline

Those that guessed an electrical problem...you win! At least that what it seems like so far.

There is a blade fuse that comes directly off of the battery. This fuse has given us issues in the past, but it was related to the lights working, not ignition. When I replaced the battery a month ago...no more light issues. I wrote it up to a clean-connection issue that was resolved when I unbolted everything to replace the battery.

When the notion of an electric problem was suggested here, the first thing that I attacked was the fuse and holder. The problem used to be that if the lights went out (or wouldn't come on), I'd squeeze the fuse into the holder and viola! lights for long enough that I needed them. The fuse and holder is now replaced and all is good so far with respect to being on a side-incline. Apparently, leaning to that one side was just enough to make something in the old fuse assembly lose connection or at least become resistive enough not to supply the ignition system with what it needed.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The Club Car is running all over the community today!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car