lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Mudbuster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Purchasing a Club Car?

Hello,
I am going to look at two different gas powered club cars tomorrow. One cart is a 2001 carry all turf 2 cart with around 2000hrs on it. The owner says it doesn't smoke and has been maintained on a golf course since it was new. I got the price down to 1600 (with new tires) over the phone without seeing it. The owner works for the course so he probably got it cheap. I am going to check the compression on it, Im guessing it should be over 100 hopefully 140-150.

The other cart is owned by a woman that says she thinks its a 94 model but has been parked for over a year and has no battery in it. I am going to take a battery and see if it will even start and also check the compression on it. It has a top, fold down windshield, and flip flop rear seat. She has it listed for 2000 but I think thats high.

What else should I check for and look at besides the obvious things such as belts, filters, plugs, and oil. I have owned a yamaha and ezgo but don't know much about these clubs yet.
Thanks for the help
Mudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Purchasing a Club Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldG1 View Post
Hello,
I am going to look at two different gas powered club cars tomorrow. One cart is a 2001 carry all turf 2 cart with around 2000hrs on it. The owner says it doesn't smoke and has been maintained on a golf course since it was new. I got the price down to 1600 (with new tires) over the phone without seeing it. The owner works for the course so he probably got it cheap. I am going to check the compression on it, Im guessing it should be over 100 hopefully 140-150.

The other cart is owned by a woman that says she thinks its a 94 model but has been parked for over a year and has no battery in it. I am going to take a battery and see if it will even start and also check the compression on it. It has a top, fold down windshield, and flip flop rear seat. She has it listed for 2000 but I think thats high.

What else should I check for and look at besides the obvious things such as belts, filters, plugs, and oil. I have owned a yamaha and ezgo but don't know much about these clubs yet.
Thanks for the help
I can't help you much with the carry all but all the golf course ones I've seen have been unmercifully hammered by $6.50 / hour yobbos with large boots, cut off T-shirts and prison tattoos.
The 94 non runner is a complete joke at $2000 and a leap of faith at best. A pair of belts will run you + - $50, a battery,full carb teardown and rebuild is on the cards and if you can't even drive it, goodness only knows what condition the brakes, rear end and other components are in. I know of a beautiful 2004 DS out here for $2500 and is available with any trial you care to give it. Granted, prices vary greatly by area but $2K for a non running 94 ? It'd be cheaper to rent a trailer and eat a tank of gas to get a better deal rather than have to spend your valuable time politely explaining to some delusional old biddy tending to her geraniums and moaning about the price of tapioca that her deceased husbands cart is only worth $500 at best. The "all it needs is a battery" people are a bloody plague mate.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
Mudbuster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I agree 100% about the 94 for 2grand. I talked to her again last night and she sounds pretty firm. I told her good luck selling it like that without being able to drive it or see it run. I am going to look at the carry all. The pictures look great for golf course cart and the owner says it has been his assigned cart for the last 4 years. If it runs good and has good compression, I am going to take a chance for 1600.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Mudbuster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

By the way, what should the compression be on the 350 carry all motor?
Thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

150 psi for pedal start, 70 psi for key start.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
i can't help you much with the carry all but all the golf course ones i've seen have been unmercifully hammered by $6.50 / hour yobbos with large boots, cut off t-shirts and prison tattoos.
The 94 non runner is a complete joke at $2000 and a leap of faith at best. A pair of belts will run you + - $50, a battery,full carb teardown and rebuild is on the cards and if you can't even drive it, goodness only knows what condition the brakes, rear end and other components are in. I know of a beautiful 2004 ds out here for $2500 and is available with any trial you care to give it. Granted, prices vary greatly by area but $2k for a non running 94 ? It'd be cheaper to rent a trailer and eat a tank of gas to get a better deal rather than have to spend your valuable time politely explaining to some delusional old biddy tending to her geraniums and moaning about the price of tapioca that her deceased husbands cart is only worth $500 at best. The "all it needs is a battery" people are a bloody plague mate.

Chris
amen and well said !!!!
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Ewelder76
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I must completely agree with the assessment on golf course maintenance personnel! I've been around golf course work for many years and I'm convinced you could give those people rubber mallets and they could tear up anvils!
Ewelder76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Mudbuster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well, I hate to dissapoint all the negatave comments about the golf course carts, but I came home with it this afternoon. I ended up getting it for 1400. The compression was exactly at 150psi. It looks a little rough in some spots, needs a few cable adustments, but the aluminum body is in great shape with no dents or damage. It just needs a good cleaning and some new headlights and I am ordering a 6" lift and wheels/tires tonight. It does have 2300hrs on it but it doesn't smoke and has plenty of power. I do need to speed it up a little- the governor kicks in at about 12mph. I am trying to search how to do this on this site but I think the 350cc motor adjust different somehow. If somebody can post a link how to do this with pictures, I would greatly appriciate the information.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

OH MY LORD !!! YOU BOUGHT A GOLF COURSE CART ?!?!?!?!?!
This is a disaster !
That thing is going to explode on you !
You'll put an eye out !
Your cows are gonna die, your ponds gonna dry up !
Your children will grow up to be Democrats !!!
YIIIIIIIKES !!!!!

Kidding of course, congrats on your new cart !!! I would love one just
like it but the wife put a two cart limit on me until we get the house paid
off and mortgage/debt free...
I can thank Dave Ramsey ( google him ) for that, but I am glad she
puts her foot down on me : )
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Mudbuster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I love it so far. I took the bed and front end off today and pressure washed and cleaned the frame with some dilluted acid. My lift and tires will be here on Wed. The only thing I am not used to is the different sound the 350cc motor makes compared to my last ezgo I had. I don't have a tach yet so I just set the gov. at about 18mph using my gps. I also unhooked the rev limiter. I guess I am safe keeping it under 20mph but this motor is alot louder than a robbins 295cc.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car