lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Boones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Clutch dust cover removal

Hello everyone.. I've been installing upgraded power spring and 200rmp springs in my Carryall 2 this weekend. I was able to sucessfully pull and install the spring in the rear clutch no problems at all.. Now I come to the drive clutch(i think) the one connected to the motor.. After several days a pulling, tapping, spraying, tapping, etc, etc,etc.. I was able to separate the clutch from the engine.

All day today I've been trying to remove the dust cover from the clutch... More tapping, spraying, tapping, etc... no luck... I then went down to the parts house and picked up a harmonic balancer puller, heated the area around where its stuck.. Still can't get this duct cover off so I can install the 200rmp spring... Since I'm green when it comes to Club Car repairs I'm hoping someone can tell me there a secret button located on the clucth that I gotta push and twist then tap the side with a mallet and then poof the cover comes right off..

Until I hear back from yall.. I guess I'll sit here watch some football and drink a few cold ones.

Thanks folks..
Boones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
wooly15
Gone Wild

Default Re: Clutch dust cover removal

I just did the same thing last week. I got mine off with a hammer and small piece of soft wood. I put the wood against the dust cover at a slight angle outward, just past the outer sheath. I tapped the wood with the hammer, rotating often. It eventually came off. Didn't take much of a hit, just a little at a time...give that a try. I picked this tip up from others on here...take a sharpie and mark where the dust cover and sheave meet so you can put it back exactly the same way. Apparently people have run into balance problems.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Boones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the tips.. I tired and still nada.

I did however discover something.. When it comes to using something like PB blaster,etc.. I tried PB as well as heat and still couldn't get the dang thing off. What worked was the 50/50 mix of tranny fulid and acetone.. Holy Cow.... I put a little on turned around to hook up the air gun for another round, and what do you know it popped off.. I tried and tried with the impact gun and heat and pb blaters and nothing made it move.. However that 50/50 homemade brew worked like a champ.. I can't remember where I found that... But whoever posted it.. Thanks.. Someone needs to package that up and sell it as the ultimate penetrating fluid.

Thanks..
Boones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
wooly15
Gone Wild

I'll have to keep that in mind...wish I had heard of that when trying to get my front leaf spring bolts out.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car