lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
brodave12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 295 cc bogging down on takeoff

I'm a newbie to carting, bought a 2001 (I think it's a TXT?) for a great price, but they didn't take care of it for the past four yrs.
The. Problem is, when I start moving, it sucks air, but seems to be not getting enough gas. I assume its like any other four stroke, but thought maybe someone could give me somewhat of a model specific tip.

I haven't mechanicked much in the past 20 or so years, but is there a jet kit or something I can get? Maybe timing? Any help is appreciated.
brodave12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 295 cc bogging down on takeoff

I would start with giving the carb a good cleaning.

WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
brodave12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 295 cc bogging down on takeoff

Will Bill, thanks for the rapid response. Judging from the photo, your the right man to talk to.

I am doing the basic stuff, cleaning & adjusting. I know tearing it apart would be preferable but is there a recommended cleanser I can use?

There is an adjuster on top of the carb that looks like the old adjustment limiter they used years ago, I assume that will just slide off with a little pressure. Am I right?

I do appreciate your help.
brodave12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO