lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Default 95 Club Car DS Takes off and stops hard

We ended up with a 95 DS GAS cart that didn't run. It was a project my Dad took on as he was bored (retired). I still don't understand how you can be retired and bored, but that's another subject. Anyways, he got it running and I took it for a ride yesterday. You feather the gas and the cart starts but it starts to move and it will jerk you back in the seat and go. While running it just seems and sound to be dragging something. When you let off the gas it doesn't coast, it almost puts you through the windshield and stops with no brakes.
I would say it acts as if the brakes are dragging, but it doesn't explain the nasty take off. I think he said he had pulled the drums and adjusted the brakes , but I can't remember. I haven't had access to the cart until later today and I will check to see if the brakes are dragging. If they are not......

Where should I look first?
I'm more of a sparky guy so this is a little bit new to me.

Another quick question. How can you put this cart in maintenance mode to run the motor and watch the clutches operate without raising the rearend on jack stands? Or can't ya?

Thanks for any input
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 95 Club Car DS Takes off and stops hard

Check to see if the butterfly in the carb is in there,
I've heard of many times where it breaks off, and gives you "full bore" at take off,
Then, when releasing the "go" pedal, it shuts the engine down, and will give you the "dragging" feeling.
But, double check the brakes anyway! as for the noise while running...

Maintenance mode:
On the back of the f/r shifter there's a yellow knob, pull it out, rotate it 180 degrees, and gently fit it back in under the micro's,
chock the wheels, put the shifter in neutral, and it should start without moving!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Thanks Don,

I will look into that.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

also check your clutches, and check your brakes for the heck of it..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

I took the drums off and ran it on jack stands. I still have the same problem. with the rear end in the air both wheels turn easily so it's not an axle bearing. Do these things have a pinion gear that would have bearings on it? Also this could be a clutch issue, not sure yet. Will be working on it on sunday to see what I can figure out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car