lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 84 CC DS Speed switch wiring

Gentlemen... I need some help. I have a 84 Club Car Villager (DS.) This cart has a speed switch (silver with red caps) inboard of left batteries. AS a note, I bought this cart with no batteries last week...an some of the wiring removed. I have three wires coming from the speed sw I cant figure out where they go. They are the yellow wire , the orange wire, and the black wire. The other wires go up to the solenoids. THis cart does not have a back-up buzzer. I'll provide pictures later, I'm currently in the process of welding in new battery supports. Any help is appreciated.--Brad
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 84 CC DS Speed switch wiring

Heres a diagram that might help.

Supposed to be 81-85. Double check with yours to be sure. I'm looking for a manual right now but coming up short.
84 club car wiring
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Roady.. I have this one but can't find wire color identification. I've found two seperate wire connectors but can identify which wires went to which connector. This particular cart is a bit of an oddball being it's a 84 cart with 83 motor & differential in it. I'm finishing up the battery tray rebuild tomorrow and hoping someone on here has a cart similiar to mine so they can do a verification for me. That would be cool. Thanks for the help
Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the help, I'm still in search of the wiring set-up for the speed switch and ran across a video on youtube pertaining to the speed switch and troubleshooting. I thought I'd share... if this is not allowed, I apologize, I thought I'd add it to the forum. Oonce I get mine figured out, I'll photogragh and document and add to the forum. Thanks, Brad

Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

OK. Try this.
Chuck

Microswitch wiring:
Master Solenoid Switch - Green to Master Solenoid.
#1 Speed Switch - Red to Solenoid #1.
#2 Speed Switch - White to Solenoid #2.
#3 Speed Switch - Blue to Solenoid #3.
#4 Speed Switch - Black to Solenoid #4.
Yellow wire is between F/R microswitch and the common side of all Solenoids
Orange wire is from Master Solenoid Switch to Reverse Buzzer. Master Solenoid Switch has three wires.

Last edited by cdressel; 09-17-2012 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Finally got image to appear.
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Chuck... that helps me get a lot closerto where I need to be What I have now is Red to #3, the yellow is jumpered to the power lead on top of #4 (thinkin maybe this cart didnt come with a reverse buzzer or micro sw on F/R sw), Blue to #4, White to #3, Red to #2, nothing to #1 Solenoid (??) and Green to MSTR sol. THe Orange and black were both hanging down, not tied to anything. Since the wife and kids are going to be using this cart, I'm going to get a reverse buzzer and micro sw to put on the F/R sw. & hook that back up the way it's supose to be. I'm going to wire mine up the way you described and perform a smoke test to see what it does. Thank you for your input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car