lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool How to clean my 1996 Club Car DS?

Well this might sound silly to some of you, but i have a question? Will powerspraying, or just getting it wet down there, (no pun intended) harm anything? I will post a few pics, just so you see what im dealin with. I know it looks like a lot of gunk and oil around the engine, but it actually doesnt leak from what ive found. ive had the cart for one season at the campground. I think it was just from poor maintenance, oil changes, and the **** belt dressing from the worn out starter/gen belt. I am just gettin into moding my cart, wantin to install a lift/wheels this spring, maybe paint, if not a good buff job for sure. Well any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0584.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0586.jpg (137.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0587.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0590.jpg (139.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0589.jpg (163.5 KB, 0 views)
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to clean my 1996 Club Car DS?

A good power-washing won't hurt,just try not to directly drown the electricals,try to focus on the engine,engine bay,and frame.Some spray engine-cleaner or oven-cleaner,scraper and a stiff brush help too.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

To be a little more specific on pachanga's electricals description...
The black box with the notched corner, (electrical components box) and the micro switches on the back of the F/R lever.

For all of the rest... spray away!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If you really want to clean it good, take that rear body off. You mentioned you were going to lift it, just do it all at once. I've been working on my cart since I got it in September, and I must have removed and re-installed the rear body at least 7 times. Sooo much easier to work on with the body off.

One thing to note though, one good day of offroading and slinging mud around will make your motor look like it's never been cleaned!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Man one thing after another, but isn't it always. The rear body tough to get off?
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Not really. Just two bolts at the front near the floorboard, 6 bolts where the seat bracket attaches, two more bolts at the back close to the bumper in the bag well. Then you remove the handle and then the three bolts holding the gear shifter, and finally disconnect the air intake from the choke. And if you have taillights you will need to disconnect the wires.

On my rear lights I installed connectors so the wires can be unplugged when the body comes off.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning, club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car