lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Gas Club Car Wiring Diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
It's now a Sticky!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

My buddy and I got our hands on a copy of what appears to be a 1986-1991 gas DS service manual. But I think much of the content is applicable to 1984-1985 gas carts as well. Like this diagram of the ignition circuit (labeling in the upper left hand corner is mine):

Old 08-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Sorry for the broken "Photo-suck-it" links. I'm sure many of you are familiar with what's happened to that joke-of-an-image-hosting website.

Here's that wiring diagram from the original post:

Old 08-29-2017, 10:26 PM   #14
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hate to keep on beating this dead horse, BUT, I have a 2007 xrt with 290 key start. Its wired like this diaghragm. New battery, new VR, new cables but battery does not charge. The solinoid is only engaged when the key is turned to start position; there is no way for gen to get power back to battery like this. Anyone got a good explanation?
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #15
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

It also has what I think is a voltage reducer outside of the control box and another one under the dash, looks like to protect the lights from excesss voltage
Old 08-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #16
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyAbear View Post
I hate to keep on beating this dead horse, BUT, I have a 2007 xrt with 290 key start. Its wired like this diaghragm. New battery, new VR, new cables but battery does not charge. The solinoid is only engaged when the key is turned to start position; there is no way for gen to get power back to battery like this. Anyone got a good explanation?
by now you know you need constant power to the solenoid in order for the battery to charge how you get there with everything intact (micro switches) I know how to get by all that just not how to use it as intended. In a true KEY START there is a diode involved at the solenoid
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #17
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought it used from golf course last year, I have not been able to find a diagram showing a diode, but it is the only solution I could think of to make it charge. I've found some 25 amp 50 volt diodes on ebay, guess i'll try that/thanks
Old 08-30-2017, 06:35 PM   #18
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

You should have a diode across the large terminals on the solenoid for charging purposes. I can't tell you where its located but should be a red wire and a white leaving the large post on the solenoid to a diode mounted on the frame or some other place.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #19
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

The VR is located in the black control box, there is another square electic 'device' bolted to the frame next to the black box, it looks just like the VR but just a tad larger, looks like I need to see where those wires go. Possible left unhooked because there was no battery or battery cables when I bought it. I still haven't found a schematic showing this, though.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:13 PM   #20
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

In the attached pdf file there is a schematic wiring diagram for the XRT but is as I said a diode symbol with a red and a white wire going to the large terminals on the solenoid.2007-Turf-Carryall.pdf
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car