lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2022, 06:34 PM   #371
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo143 View Post
Hey all have an issues with my 2011 G29 gasser, and I am kind of lost on how to move forward. My cart recently started making a ticking/clicking sound while driving and I originally thought it was coming from the motor. But after looking into it more it is coming from the rear end. So I pulled the driven clutch off thinking it may have been a broken spring. I pushed the cart around in gear and the clicking/ticking sound is still present and seems to be coming from the input shaft/governor arm area. I can make the sound stop if I press back on the governor arm so it seems like the governor is not fully engaging or disengaging. I have had my governor arm zip tied since I bought it but not cranked all the way down and my rear axle is a green tagged axle. My question is if do the governor bypass by drilling out the governor arm would that solve my problem or am I better off splitting the case and inspecting the input shaft and governor gears?
The input shaft in those is prone to fail. The replacement one is good and the issue will never come back. If your going to split the case, just have a new input shaft ready to install.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2022, 04:01 PM   #372
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
The input shaft in those is prone to fail. The replacement one is good and the issue will never come back. If your going to split the case, just have a new input shaft ready to install.
Thanks for the info that is kind of what I thinking was causing the sound Is it normal for the green tag axles to have this problem? Also if I were to bypass the governor now would it make any difference or make it last a little longer?
rojo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:20 PM   #373
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Speaking of 2011 G29 A - is there Any way to get lube to the clutches front and rear? A lot of moving parts in those that would probably like a little help.
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha