lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 91 Club Car DS won't start full throttle

Hello all this is my first post here. I have a 91 Gas Club Car DS I'm fixing up. I'm having an issue with the cart starting with the gas pedal press to the floor. If I release the pedal some the cart will start. I've replaced the starter generator belt, new drive belt, and new accelerator cable. Do I have a bad solenoid or micro switches? Or an adjustment some where. The cart will turn over with the pedal all the way down. Thanks for all the help. I've tried to look everywhere on the Internet without much luck.
jumpseat82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default re: 91 Club Car DS won't start full throttle

I know I'm new on here but I thought someone would have a similar problem or heard of this issue before. I can feather the pedal some to get the cart to start. It will turn over though as soon as I hit the pedal. So I'm kind of stumped where my problem is.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Try to be a little more patient! I don't know much about the KF82 flatheads, so I may not be much of a help!
But, I'm curious... are you using the choke button (and how are you using it?) during full pedal start up?
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be pushy. Yes I use the choke to start it but I still need to feather the pedal when the motor is warm. I do feather the pedal some while using the choke at cold starts.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 91 Club Car DS won't start full throttle

Here is an old post from years ago that sounds like the same issue with about pressing the pedal down about 20% I don't think this member is around anymore or I'd try to ask him.
I am a to this forum and carts. I've spent quite a lot of time searching and reading. Thanks to all for the great information.

I recently purchased my first...a 1991 Club Car Gas cart. It ran fine when I tested it but I've discovered that after 2 weekends, the battery is dead. I can charge the battery and all is good for a while. 2 weekends later, dead again

After searching the forums, it appears that I have either a starter / generator problem or a voltage regulator problem. I am unclear as to the testing procedure for my pre-92 cart. I have the wiring diagram STICKY and a voltmeter and I'm not afraid to use them but am unclear of where to test, what voltages I'm seeking, etc.

One other item of note. In order to engage the starter, we have to hold the accelerator at only about 20%. If the accelerator is depressed more than that, the starter will not engage. We've gotten used to that but I wonder if it's related.

All help and guidance appreciated. Feel free to point me at an existing thread but I'm not able to locate one that fits my older cart.

Thanks for any and all advice to help me overcome my case of old cart "buyers remorse"...

...DaddyBooks[/QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Huh... Just to clarify... Is the engine cranking at full throttle? or is there no movement/noise at all?

It could be a few situations... ?
Old 03-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes the motor cranks at full throttle. The governor seems to have been taken off also if that means anything.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The engine cranks at low, mid, and full throttle! That's good... now we're getting somewhere! so you can count out the S/G, and belt!
It still could be a fuel delivery problem, or a microswitch problem!

Again... I don't know the KF82 engines very well, be patient and give it a few days for more responses!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #9
jumpseat82
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thanks for your help. I appreciate any help
Old 03-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #10
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

It sounds like it could be a failing micro switch if the pedal is touchy like that. I would check the accelerator starter limit micro switch inside the black plastic box next to the battery.

Here's your wiring diagram:
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car