lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
DavidDaoust1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Front wheel camber issues on my 2017 Precedent

Just purchased this used 2017 CC Precedent and notice the front tires are wearing FAST and unevenly. Obviously looking at the front camber (???) the tires are not touching the pavement equally. The tire wear you are seeing is from only 2 weeks of use since new. I jacked up the front and the wheels came together an entire inch.

Apologies for the lack of knowledge; as this is my first cart. Any recommendations? Noticed the front spring could possibly be an inch shorter than the one on there currently?

BTW, 6" lift with 14" wheels and 23" tires.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2566.jpg (202.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2567.jpg (202.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2568.jpg (204.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2569.jpg (188.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2570.jpg (194.9 KB, 0 views)
DavidDaoust1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
Evancarey1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Front wheel camber issues on my 2017 Precedent

Looks to me like the toe is out of adjustment. Essentially when you drive the cart the front end is trying to peel itself like a banana down the middle because the tires point away from each other. Adjusting the tie rod ends will correct the toe issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFWrtkM3e3E

That video should help you make the adjustments with some basic hand tools.
Evancarey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:38 AM   #3
DavidDaoust1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Evan, i'll give it a watch and a try!
Old 05-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
DavidDaoust1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Watched the video and have messing with the toe adjustments for hours. Everytime I get it dialed into 1/4" and take it for a drive, it goes back to +1-2" on the front ready of the front tires and shorter on the rear of the front reading.

Really concerned at this point, as the inside of the tires are wearing terribly. Could it be a camber issue and not a toe-in issue? How do you adjust the camber?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
Evancarey1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I could be wrong but I don’t think the camber has much adjustment when you have the spindle lift kit. Have you checked everything to make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight? Are the wheel bearing still in good condition? If you lift the front end off the ground and try to rock the tire top to bottom it shouldn’t move. If it does move then the wheel bearing are worn.

Maybe someone else is more knowledgeable on that suspension setup.
Evancarey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #6
DavidDaoust1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I did lift the cart and checked the wheel movement. The right side has just a spec of movement, but not much at all. Drivers side has zero movement.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:09 PM   #7
t1225
Not Yet Wild

I have issues with a RHOX 6 inch spindle lift that was already installed on my Precedent I purchased a month ago. I have 23x10 tires on 14 inch rims. If I adjust the toe in properly, the wheels will go to an extreme positive camber. If I adjust the tires parallel, the tires are all over from positive to negative camber while driving. The best setup I found, which is bad, is to set the toe out which gives me a more consistent negative camber. I have ordered the camber correction kit, and hope this will help. I have replaced king pins, spindle bushings, tie rods, bushings, steering box (shaft was slightly bent), and clevis's. I have compared the parts list with my cart and verified everything is perfect. I have also got a copy of the RHOX spindle lift directions and verified it is correctly installed. I hope to find the cause of this major issue soon. I'm hoping a small toe in with the camber correction kit set for a slight positive camber (which RHOX recommends in the instructions) will fix this. Please update.
t1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Control arm bushings are worn out. New bushings will get it as good as it can be with a spindle lift, but there will always be some amount of positive camber due to that’s just how spindle lifts are.
The best thing you can do is get rid of the spindle lift and put on a double A Arm lift instead.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #9
t1225
Not Yet Wild

The bushings are new and the control arm is super tight, just replaced the bushings along with leaf and spindle bushings, king pins, clevis, tie rods, and steering assembly (bent shaft). I ordered the RHOX camber correction kit cheaply and will experiment with it a bit. If I would have known spindle lifts were junk before purchase of the cart, I would have looked elsewhere. I WILL eventually get the A Arm lift, but since I already sank a few bucks into the front end and with the correction kit on the way, I figured I will spend some time and see if I can't get this half way right. Also, if I have any degree of success, I will post so others like me can have a lower cost solution that will get them by. For now, no pavement or concrete because I don't want to eat up my tires. I mainly use it in grass/rocks on a 4 acre property for chores and projects, so not a big deal right now. Thanks. All advice is definitely welcome because I'm pretty new to all this.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #10
t1225
Not Yet Wild

The correction kit did help align the tires better, but don't buy it. My front end was still not stable and the tires were all over the place. Waste of time and money. Don't put a spindle lift on a Precedent. I replaced the front lift kit with All Sports Precedent 6" Heavy Duty A-Arm Lift Kit. I now have a great front end and not garbage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car