lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
eddaniels
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing Light Kit G16

Hi. I bought a light kit for my 1997 G16 gas model. The instructions are terrible, at least for me. I need some help.

Where do I run the cables. Is there a best way or place? Do I get underneath the cart to run them, or can I access places from above? Where is the best place for the switch? Anything I should avoid? Best places to attach them?

What is the best way to cut the holes for the headlights and taillights? The kit comes with a template, but what have you found to be the best tool[s] and method[s]?

Any hints or suggestions? This is something I've never done or tried, so any help would mean a lot.

Thanks, guys. This is really a great place for someone like me.

Ed
eddaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Installing Light Kit G16

Hi Ed, under the cart is probably the best place for the wires. The switch can go pretty much anywhere, dash panel. To cut the holes you can use a roto zip type tool, air grinder with rotary file, Drill holes and cut with a jab saw, or I like to use an old kitchen knife and heat it up red hot, this will cut the plastic a bit slower but you will have more control and less mess.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
rvs2sell
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just installed my light kit last night. The template is a good guide but not right on the money. I used a dremel tool to cut out and to shape the hole to make the light fit just right. My body is off so, routing the wires was pretty easy. Just don't run the wires where they will rub and use some larger wire ties to keep any wires from gettting snagged.

Paul
rvs2sell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #4
Normy01
Not Yet Wild

I would like to do a light kit also.
Pictures on your progress would help may people!
What kit are you putting in?
Thanks
Normy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha