lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I am most like going to the country this weekend -97 DS cart clone motor

I have a 97 DS cart with a Honda counter clockwise clone motor- so reverse is forward and forward is reverse

Mr Lockman, you said to get it going down hill in forward( really reverse)
and slam it into reverse ( really forward) to get it to synchronize.

how fast should I get going? and what kind of jolt should I be prepared for?

thanks
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: I am most like going to the country this weekend -97 DS cart clone motor

I'm not sure... most have been able to do it at maybe 1 or 2 mph!
Not very fast to throw you through the windshield, but, fast enough to keep it moving!

From what I understand, if you shift fast, and hard enough, the wheels will lock up, then release to a coast.
and... USUALLY... it's the reverse (your forward) syncro's that get stuck!

I've never done it, so I'm not sure what else to tell you!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #3
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I am most like going to the country this weekend -97 DS cart clone motor

Thank You

this will add to my stories- its worth a try
i like the going slow idea
and hope I don't wind up on America's dumbest carters

this coming from a guy that stayed in a hunting blind, while a tornado went a couple miles east of us( i did not know it though) AND THE TOP OF THE BLIND ACTUALLY LIFTED ME UP AT ONE POINT
Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

two things Mr Lockman-
is this going to be similar to shifting a stick transmission on a car, with out using the clutch? let off the gas a bit and shift? Like I did racing my 55chevy
64 chevelle super sport and my 69 Z28?

also my wife said she will do the driving of the van towing the cart- lol
she said I am more used to hitting more steering wheels and windshields
Old 09-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I used to shift with like that with my 69 Road Runner... that clutch was stiff as h*ll!

Everything I've ever read about that trick is COASTING in neutral down a hill!
if the wheels lock up, the cart will stop! no harm, no foul!
DO NOT tow it with the van! It may drag the cart and cause you more problems!

Geez man!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I just went through some of your previous posts... this one stuck out, and I'm not sure that trick will work for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csport View Post
I got to the farm this weekend, and put the cart in neutral, turn the key and it lurched forward, when I put it in reverse, it sat there it did not go.

Then I TOOK THE CABLE OFF AT BOTH ENDS and put it in forward- it went forward, i put it in neutral and It went forward, I put it in reverse and it did not move?

I switched the arm all the way to the right and to the left and I still only had forward and neutral

where do I go now?
Old 09-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I just spoke to our neighbor, who has a slanted driveway and he says its ok to try this trick

My wife also says thank you very much- she put the ambulance on her speed dial- the 1 or 2 MPH sounds a lot better LOL
thank you very much

ps 69 RR? what colors and engine?

I had a silver 69 z28 black stripes, black top rear spoiler, black tongue, Hooker headers. lakewood traction bars, e60s all around, 4 shocks on the rear end
and I believe a 850 holley double pumper- it went fast- I finished on a saturday night, someone stole it on tuesday
Old 09-11-2015, 07:00 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Mostly stock 383/4bbl, 4 sp, 4:11 gears, solid competition orange w/Wisconsin rust!
I bought it for $750 when I was 17 (almost 40 years ago) within the first month, I had a race with a 72 Camaro,
I hit 2nd gear, and the front end lifted off the ground, it scared the heck out of me!
I lost that race, and sold it for $750 a month later!

Had I knew then, what I know now...
Old 09-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I built a 64 chevelle Super Sport Malibu

I got it my senior year in high school, black car, black interior, black convertible top. Chrome cragar mags all around. stock block 283- 57-58 Corvette Fuel injected heads ported relieved and 2.2 intakes and 1.6 exhausts. cam was a 64-65 vette 327 fuel injected solid lifter cam, the intake came off a 64 vette 2 4 barrels - 2 series e Carter Carbs,
fuel pump and oild pump was a 64 409 hi pressure, the tansmission was a muncy 2.5 4 speed, and the reaar end was 8.88's, I had hooker headers. a perfection amerrican clutch, that did not slip

I agree being in the air is scary- I droped the clutch on riverview blvd in St. Louis and the front end raised about 3 feet and started bouncing-

I made a lot of money racing, that summer. I took all the big stuff off and sold it so I had money for college-
It was a great car till the last 5 weeks of school and I was going to go get gas at 1 in the morning and There was a black angus steer in the middle of the highway- I hit it doing about 40 to 45, totaled car and broke 4 and 5 vertebrae in my neck- took a while to rehabilitate, was out of school for 2 years
I like going fast
now I am old- I have slowed down lololol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car