lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default What is needed to install PTV codes?

What kind of programmer would you need and where do you get the codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What is needed to install PTV codes?

You need a palm pilot programmer and you have to get codes directly from Yamaha...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yamaha wont sell them to you, only to yamaha dealers who are "certified"
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We got the interface but it's useless for troubleshooting. The last one I tried using it on came in with a bad motor. When replacing it left it still not running, the 'genius' interface (it's not aptly named in the least) insisted that the 12V power supply was not working properly. First of all, there was no 12V power supply, no light kit even, so no reducer, and it used 8V batteries. It ended up being the speed sensor on the new motor was bad.

It's not a very good system. You likely get tons of codes saying 'unspecified error' over and over again.

If you're looking to turn the speed up, the stock Moric controller (we have the codes) only allows it to go from the stock 10-11 MPH maximum regen to 15-16 MPH no regen. It's not an RXV, it cannot be programmed to go 19.5 MPH. You can however get an Alltrax or another replacement controller that is pre-programmed to go 18MPH out the gate.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

You, sir, are mistaken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200624_135524.jpg (225.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #6
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
We got the interface but it's useless for troubleshooting. The last one I tried using it on came in with a bad motor. When replacing it left it still not running, the 'genius' interface (it's not aptly named in the least) insisted that the 12V power supply was not working properly. First of all, there was no 12V power supply, no light kit even, so no reducer, and it used 8V batteries. It ended up being the speed sensor on the new motor was bad.

It's not a very good system. You likely get tons of codes saying 'unspecified error' over and over again.

If you're looking to turn the speed up, the stock Moric controller (we have the codes) only allows it to go from the stock 10-11 MPH maximum regen to 15-16 MPH no regen. It's not an RXV, it cannot be programmed to go 19.5 MPH. You can however get an Alltrax or another replacement controller that is pre-programmed to go 18MPH out the gate.
I did the Alltrax 400XCT conversion on another cart and was able to get 20-22 out of it. That's a great option but it's def NOT the cheapest. I was just trying to see if there was a cheaper option that the Alltrax route. Alltrax has ALWAYS performed better than ANY other aftermarket controller that I have come across and their PC interface is about as easy any any others as well; not to mention their customer service is also great! I just wish it wasn't so expensive because not too many people will pay that kind of money just to get 5-10 more mph out of their carts. Thanks for the info guys!
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, you actually get a lot more than just 5-10 mph, more power, more reliability, short circuit protection (a failed motor wont kill the alltrax, like it often does to the stock controller), tunable to driver preference, high & low speed switch if desired.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You, sir, are mistaken.

I second that!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I am well aware of that menu but ours only shows 15 on the lower right corner after logging in on the PDA. Not sure what you're getting that 25 from. We're a Yamaha dealer as well. I've never heard of a stock MORIC capable of 25MPH zero regen.

I second the Alltrax. Well worth it IMO. You get what you pay for. I just wish Alltrax controls worked on RXVs.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:49 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Oh no, the numbers on the grid Do Not equal MPH you will get. I've tried to make that clear before on posts about the Yamaha Genius programming. But, anything In the "letter" column is the 19mph settings. That speed estimate & setting is laid out in the pic of the service manual. You said it wasnt capable of 19mph, no one said anything about 25mph. The only way to access the 19mph "letter column" is if you use the controllers unique PTV code as the password.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha