lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Modify the MCI?? YES!

I've posted a few vids in the past. Let me know if I can help.
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Looking great. cant wait to see some vids

Im awaiting for my mill to be installed so i can start machining the decks and heads on the 2 engines im tinkering with now Engine tweaking is always a fun adventure

One thing i wanted to mention, and its been floating in the back of my head for some time, was in regards to the LVS performance cams; heres the story.
End of Dec i ordered a bunch of stuff from LVS, i wanted to try and see what their stuff was like, i also orderd 2 of their performance cams. When i finaly got them, i started compairing them to the factory ezgo cams using my micrometers and such, and come to the conclusion that they either sent me oem lift cams, or their performance cams acutaly dont have any difference. Ive emailed them like 4 times about it, and tired to give them a ring twice but never heard back or anything.

So just wondeirng if you have access to the cam (the lvs one), can someone give me some precise dimensions on the lobe height and width. because ive measured them tonnes of times, and mine arnt lookin any taller

For lobe height i got: 1.0425"

and lobe width i got:0.9065"

and the duration and timing look the same as the original cam i took out of the engines that are being done up.

I dont want to side track the thread though
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The cams. I have 5 cams setting on a benck. One is an MCI, four are 350's, and one is the LVS. The only one that I know what it is, is the Lvs. When I was checking them. the only thing I could see was the LVS holds the exhaust open a hair longer, and that's it. I can't tell which other are which. The MCI has less wear marks, the lsv has heat marks around the lobes from the manuf. The stock ones don't. There isn't much difference.
I had an electrical issue that took a couple days to fix. I replaced a bunch of old fittings and installed a new solenoid. I added a fuse block for the Acc's. I cleaned and wrapped it all. It needed it. The grounds were all rusted bolts
So far, that motor will idle at 850-1000 rpm, but all I can get is 5500 rpm max. I'll definitely make an audio of it idling. Sounds like a little Harley. I don't think it's worth a video until it's right and revs.
This motor and head produce 190-200 psi compression. I would like to have 220+ psi.
I asked Fred about a ported 295 head and I'll know more soon. He offered to make we one that would need race gas. That may do it!

I'll keep you all informed and see if we can't record or video the idle, and ramp up with the resonator on. It sounds incredible.

Last edited by tonyton; 02-11-2010 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: typos
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #14
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD-BILL View Post
I've posted a few vids in the past. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks, that will be soon.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #15
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello Sabercat,

On my engine a filter right on the valve cover doesn't work very well.
It will blow out the oil to.....
I think because off the higher oilpressure coused by the higher revs.
As far as i know there is no oilpump in your engine, yours has splashlubrication.
See the enginepics of my sytem.

Hello Tonyton,

Is the gasneedle in your carb high enough and / or "the opening where the needle is in" big enough?
My carb is bigger, but the same system as the original one, so with no needle.
Mine is 122,5 to 130 depending on the weather and temp.
Mostley i drive a 130.
Another different thing is, we mostley drive toprevs, so tuned on high speed.
The carb is 30 mm with a 22mm venturi with no choke.
Stationary revs ar cold 1800 - 2000 and hot 1400.
Under 1400 it goes very rough, 1000 is the minimum.
I hope you can do something with this.

Hello Monster,

When my engine is back at the end of the month, i will measure the cams i have.
If i don't, remember me to do this.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The LVS cam is in the motor that I'm running. I was mistaken. One of the cams is a 295, a couple others are standard 350's and one MCI 350. I'll check the 3 different ones, I have a micrometer. I pull the LVS cam out soon. I want to try a stock 350.
Fred mentioned that I need a real performance cam, and he's going to look into it. See what they can do with the stock ones first. He's know someone that grinds cams. That's a maybe it will work...I'll find out!
Oh. The audio from my camera sucks. I'll have to find a video camera for that. Between mom, dad and two brothers, we'll come up with something.
Good to hear from you Benno. Actually the needle is set low. I'll raise it two and see if that helps... It's very easy to tune this carberator. I'm still learning. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #17
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Since we are talking about the MCI engine, I'm going to illustrate the valve differences. The exhaust valve is the same. The MCI intake valves are smaller!
One is also a hair shorter...FYI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCI va;ves 007.jpg (48.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #18
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK. Now the cams. I can't tell the differences. I would need an accurate way to compare the slopes. None were any different Cam dia. at the small spot is .904 and the lobe goes to 1.049, 1.045, 1.046, 1.045. The lobe can't be much higher, the valves would hit. The shape of the lobe tells the story, but I can't tell...
Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #19
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks for any tips guys! i knew it wasnt just me that thought the LVS cams looked by eye; almost idential to factory ones.

There could be some intake advance or something built into the lobes, but im guessing its almost impossible to tell with the naked eye. I suppose i could pop the cam into the rotary table i have for my mill, and run a dial indicator off of it and see if there is any minute differences in Duration lift vs degree rotation. but that will be for a rainy day. lol

Thanks for the insight though , I just wanted to know if they had sent me the wrong cams by mistake, i would of thought that the "Perf" cams had some noticable agressive lobes compaired to the orginals or something like that.

I suppose the only way to tell is to pop them into the engine, and see how it runs
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I want to show you what happens when you keep adding stuff and don't finish the job. It's a lttle embarrassing
Beleive ot or not, I know what every wire is for. It's a lot easier now. I added a fuse block for the accesories.
Right is before, after is a little better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCI va;ves 001.jpg (164.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg wiringmess 001.jpg (126.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg wiringmess 002.jpg (142.5 KB, 25 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO