lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #21
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 Head on a 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Mule, did you just slap the stock head on or what exactly was the extent of your mod? We may have done too much with a high lift cam and all?
I replaced the valves & springs with new factory ones(not stainless),rebuilt the bottom end and used my 350 stock cam and a 350 stock head gasket,I would like to add the stainless valves,heavy springs and ignition but if I were going to spend that much I would just step on up to the BB.You really can't lose on the minimum head swap job because if for some reason you didn't like it there is always somebody looking for a 295 head
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #22
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm happy with mine. The jets need to be changed and I have a wideband o2 sensor coming to dial it in. It seems the stocker, the better. CPU77 was satisfied with what his does. It's a good mod if you don't have connections for BB's and thousands to spend....
You get double stock speed from a stock mounted ehgine. Anyone giving away cradles for BB's? I can change engines in 2 hours or less, have tons of after market parts and goes as fast as a low reving big block. If you don't put on huge tires, change the gear ratio, my 6K would out run your BB. Ha hah hah
And you can keep it stock height and are not required to lift it for the BB to fit
Head 100. valves 100. head gasket 12.50 How can you compare a $212.50 mod to a stock engine with a BB? YOU CAN"T!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

SCOTTYB, I know I don't get on here as much as I would like but I had this mod (and others done) to my cart and have been extremly satisfied with the reliability and drivability of the cart.

FWIW, the MSD 6AL is a waste of money as the rev limiter does not function. I think it has something to do with the fact the it's desigened to drop alternatecyl and since the motors fire both cyl at the same time it doesn't work. The MSD box for the Harleys might get the job done but I'm only speculating as those motors fire the cylinders in a similar fashion as ours.

The coil is an MSD harley coil.
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO