lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Liv4nov
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlight wiring

I want to re-wire my headlight on its own hotwire. Just wire from battery to toggle switch to lights (grounded at lights). Should I put in an inline fuse? If so where, between the battery and switch or between switch and lights. How many amp fuse to use 10 or 20 (swich is 20 amp)?
Liv4nov is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Headlight wiring

The *best* plan would be to pick up a 30 or 40amp relay, especially if you are using 35-55w lights ... Wire from battery to a fuse to the relay to the lights (with the 2 relay control wires to a toggle or rocker switch)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
The *best* plan would be to pick up a 30 or 40amp relay, especially if you are using 35-55w lights ... Wire from battery to a fuse to the relay to the lights (with the 2 relay control wires to a toggle or rocker switch)
Yep, that is what I did on my headlights when I installed them. I put the headlights on one switch and the running lights and tails on another.
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4nov View Post
I want to re-wire my headlight on its own hotwire. Just wire from battery to toggle switch to lights (grounded at lights). Should I put in an inline fuse? If so where, between the battery and switch or between switch and lights. How many amp fuse to use 10 or 20 (swich is 20 amp)?
Fuse as close to the battery as possible to
protect the entire circuit. 14 gauge wire and
a 20 amp fuse will work fine.
Hurry up daylight savings will end soon.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
tlindenman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm new to the forum and very new to the rebuilding of these carts. Ecspecially electrical. Does anybody have a drawn out wire diagram of a headlight set up. It would be very helpful for me to understand. A wiring schematics is some times difficult for me to read. Thanks. T.

Last edited by tlindenman; 09-28-2010 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Asked a question in the wrong thread. Need to ask in different format.
tlindenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO