lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
ezgo hot rod
Getting Wild

Cool 85 marathon oil pumph

Hey guys im rebuilding my 85' ezgo marathon 2 cycle engine. Im putting a whole new top end on and with that on i dont trust the oil pump. So i see some people just take it off and pre-mix. If someone who has done this could post some pics. Also is this a good idea? Someone who has done this please let me know if taking it out and pre-mixing works for you.
Thanks!!!
,Ethan
ezgo hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 marathon oil pumph

I am one of the many who has removed the pump and now premixes. All I did was to cut the oil pipe about 2 inches from the elbow and then sealed the end with a suitably sized screw and some mastic. The oil pump is held on to the cooling shroud by three screws and the oil tank by three bolts to the firewall. I removed both of these items just to keep the engine bay tidy.

If you do this I recommend that you drain the gasoline from your carburetter and pump otherwise you will for a while be running neat gas and on a rebuilt engine.... well you can imagine. You can then refill your tank with gasoil. I wrap a shop towel around the filler of the tank and blow hard to prime the pump and carburetter

Now for the contentious part. There are many guys out there who have many ideas regarding the gas oil ratio. I use the ratios detailed in the manual which states,

For the first tank with a new engine (or in your case a rebuilt engine) mix at 40:1. Thereafter 128:1. For your reference 40:1 is 3 ounces of oil per gallon of gas and 128:1 is 1 ounce per gallon.

I hope this helps
Dave Box
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Check u r PM
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
WGW Foods
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi, I have a 1988 2pg I mix 128:1 amsoil no smoke, no pluge fowling, and muffler has not pluged up in 3 years. Good luck.
WGW Foods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
ezgo hot rod
Getting Wild

thanks guys
ezgo hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO