lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
rocksfab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 2 Stroke oil

Can anybody recommend a good oil to use in my Robbins engine? Not sure if it needs special additives. Or will any 2 stroke oil be good. Thanks
rocksfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 Stroke oil

Pretty much anything will do but if you wanted to be pedantic then a JASO (Japan Automobile Standards Organisation) approved oil would be good for a Japanese engine. More important is to get the ratio right. One part oil to 128 parts gasoline which is one ounce per gallon.
BTW don't just pour the ingredients into your gas tank. You need to use a gas can and shake them to ensure they mix.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Klotz Racing Oils. They make alot of lubricants, oils,nitro,race fuel,etc..........
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use AMSOIL for 2 stoke motors in my 1987 maraton. Runs great and no smoke. Like Dave said use the right ratio of gas to oil mix.
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharse36 View Post
I use AMSOIL for 2 stoke motors in my 1987 maraton. Runs great and no smoke. Like Dave said use the right ratio of gas to oil mix.
After years of racing motocross and mixing our fuel @ 32:1 its hard for me to understand 128:1?? Which motor are we talking about? The leanest mixture I have went is 50:1 in my chainsaws,weed eaters etc.......
Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

EZGO factory specs for their 2-stroke motors (2PG and 3PG) is 128:1, except for the initial break-in (first tank of gas through a new or rebuilt motor) which is 40:1
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
After years of racing motocross and mixing our fuel @ 32:1 its hard for me to understand 128:1?? Which motor are we talking about? The leanest mixture I have went is 50:1 in my chainsaws,weed eaters etc.......
Yes it's hard to believe but you have to read the instructions on the box. My chainsaw says 40:1 and my EZGO says 128:1. I have to think that it is something to do with rpm. My EZGO runs up to 4000 rpm whilst my chainsaw runs like a screaming banshee. Interestingly enough I read on the Yamaha thread that the oil injector was set to 150:1 at full throttle and 300:1 at idle. Anyway I have run all summer on a premix of 128:1, the power is great and I have no smoke so it works for me. Now where did I put that chainsaw?
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Yes it's hard to believe but you have to read the instructions on the box. My chainsaw says 40:1 and my EZGO says 128:1. I have to think that it is something to do with rpm. My EZGO runs up to 4000 rpm whilst my chainsaw runs like a screaming banshee. Interestingly enough I read on the Yamaha thread that the oil injector was set to 150:1 at full throttle and 300:1 at idle. Anyway I have run all summer on a premix of 128:1, the power is great and I have no smoke so it works for me. Now where did I put that chainsaw?
YouTube - Lumber jack song

WOW!! that's amazing, I can understand why there's no SMOKE! LOL

I have never had a 2 stroke golf cart, always 4 cycles. Great info for the brain.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO