lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #21
MFD622
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with 88 Marathon

Brew, I was looking around the forum pages earlier today and saw pic you posted when you did your lift with the two smaller bolts in place of the single long one. I will keep that in mind when I get the lift in. According to the USPS "it's in the mail" so maybe this weekend I will get to play with it. I gotta say you all have been a great help and this site is a perfect place for newbies like me to learn. You guys ROCK!
MFD622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

that's GREAT that you found the pic - it's -10 before the wind chill here in WI and the cart is under about 20" of snow so I've been sorta putting off the pic until you started the lift, hahaha ....

The clearance for that bolt is *so* close that like I said, taking the head to a bench grinder and shaving about 1/16" off one of the facets would do it too, it was just easier for me to use the smaller bolts at the time as I did the lift at the house which is about 1/2 mile from the barn (which of course, is where the grinder is).

Also of note, make sure you either have a nice, big floor jack and tall stands or a few blocks handy when you're doing the rear lift as it's almost obscene how high you need to get the body to fit the spring spacers (seriously, it will freak you out a little) - also if you're doing the lift soon start soaking the front shock bolts with PB Blaster now, as they are a fine thread that goes on forever and they like to be somewhat stubborn.

Let us all know how it goes!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #23
MFD622
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info Brew, I will keep you informed. It's mighty cold here in Oklahoma this morning too with blizzard conditions at the moment. The wind always blows here.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #24
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

To illustrate what I mean, here's how far you need to go up to insert the spring extenders ...

Keep in mind that (if you study the picture you'll see) you'll actually need to go even HIGHER if you have any intentions of putting the wheels back on before letting the cart down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5016.jpg (169.4 KB, 33 views)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #25
MFD622
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, thats a lot of travel! I an atv lift, but I am thinking I will need to but blocks under it to get it that high. The kit should be delivered today.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #26
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hear that Brew! I could not believe how high it had to go!!
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #27
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The body is light enough you can just pick it up yourself. I removed the seats & picked mine up myself.... just a guess, but it might be 100 lbs?

I left the tires on it, removed the shocks at the upper mount, lifted it from the rear crossmember behind the bag well, the springs practically fell out & a buddy put some blocks under the frame to support it. Most of the weight is on the tires at that point.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The body is light enough you can just pick it up yourself. I removed the seats & picked mine up myself.... just a guess, but it might be 100 lbs?
I used to do that as well but as I became older I realized that I only have one back. These days we have a comfortable arrangement. I don't abuse it during the day and the next morning it let's me out of bed. Use the BCM method and get the jack and blocks out.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #29
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hear ya, Dave. In fact, I have a history of back problems. So at 45 yrs old I do a lot of situps & weights to keep the core strong so I don't have those problems again. Picking up a 100 lbs...... or lately an 83 lb Clone engine...... is considerably less weight than I do squats with.
I did consider using a block & tackle to do the job but it was more work to set it up than the lifting it myself.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

will a 4in lift hold the 22s
doozerann is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO