lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: How Have you Mounted Your Winch ?

great idea flint
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Workhorse View Post
Mate you make some very good points, I have not attached (mounted ) mine as yet so have not thought it through that far, I guess in tool box in the dump bed. I bet there will be heaps of great ideas flowing through from guys that have proven and used their winches season after season.

Aussie.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
I was kind of thinking a toolbox mounted in the dump bed too. But when I found all that unused space under the bed, I thought that might work out better. But as I said that's just in the planning stage, and we all know, best laid plans often go astray.

At least I was the first one that managed to work the word laid into their response.
I just "found" all of this space on my cart as well. I got an old metal milk crate and am in the process of beinding my sheet metal to wrap the basket in. I figured if i made the sides and the bottom solid the bed would cover the top. It fits in there perfectly.
auburn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
reinman88
Gone Wild

I thought a hinged top might not work as well with the limited space. It looked like I could get an 18 x 10 box to fit, not sure how tall yet.

I'll have to see about getting an old metal milk crate.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #15
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
I thought a hinged top might not work as well with the limited space. It looked like I could get an 18 x 10 box to fit, not sure how tall yet.

I'll have to see about getting an old metal milk crate.
a hinged top will work as long as the hinge in on the cab side of the box (towards the front) this will keep you from having to dump the bed all the way to get in to your box.

A plastic milk crate will work as well, you would just have to rivet or screw the sheet metal on it. I am just going to put a few tack welds on mine. As of now I have a tow strap, my 2" ball and hitch, shackle, bungee cords, ratchet straps, and a small tool kit, trash bags (to keep things dry) and still have room to spare.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
Aussie, just an idea for your electrical connections: These are HD three pin push in connectors for a boat trolling motor. I bought two pair (they are cheap!), used the two females in the front and rear bumper and wired the one male to the winch. The females have covers to keep them clean.
Mate thats a great idea I have not seen the around here, are the on evil bay. What are they called so I can do some searched and roughly what are they worth.

Thanks Aussie
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn17 View Post
I just "found" all of this space on my cart as well. I got an old metal milk crate and am in the process of beinding my sheet metal to wrap the basket in. I figured if i made the sides and the bottom solid the bed would cover the top. It fits in there perfectly.
Mate get cracking and post up some photos, I have no idea what a metal milk crate looks like. We do have plastic ones but I do not think they would be the same size.

I was thinking to look at a sturdy plactic or metal lock that I could screw down somewhere to keep the basic tools, straps and winch.

Aussie.
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #18
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Mate get cracking and post up some photos, I have no idea what a metal milk crate looks like. We do have plastic ones but I do not think they would be the same size.

I was thinking to look at a sturdy plactic or metal lock that I could screw down somewhere to keep the basic tools, straps and winch.

Aussie.
The metal and plastic crates are the exact same size. I have both in my shop, and I am now considering using the plastic to prevent rust, and rattling. I will post pics when I get it completed.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dumping the bed to get into the box, mount your winches. I might have to go nudge my winch alittle.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:16 AM   #20
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Mate thats a great idea I have not seen the around here, are the on evil bay. What are they called so I can do some searched and roughly what are they worth.

Thanks Aussie
Search "trolling connector" or plug. You can find on the Bay but any marine supply should have them, around $20 US for all three. I found the one's I have in a sporting goods store. They make 2 wire but 3 wire seem to more available and cheaper. Just use the same 2 wires!

http://stores.ebay.com/MarlanIndustr...FUHs7QodFBy_BQ

Last edited by Flintrock; 02-25-2011 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: added gas
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO