lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #21
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: New guy with lots of problems

IE:Clutches don't shim them with the shorter belt
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #22
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I read that but I figured I would at least check them out and check for wear. I've seen a few pcitures of the removal and the tool it takes but after that not much else. I'd like to see the inside and how it is supposed to look or at least what to look for.
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
racin161
Gone Wild

Does your driven have 1 bolt in the middle and 3 on the outside area? If so I can help.The secondary has a bolt in the middle and will slide off.After that you will also need to make a tool to dissemble and reassemble it.There was a how to on youtube type in ezgo clutch and go from there.If yours are the same as mine again I can help.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #24
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll check it tonight and see. I'll also try and jack up the rear end and run it. Maybe I can get a video that you guys can check out. I'd like to see myself what is happening when it decides to crap out going downhill.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #25
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

my ez go had the same problem as yours with the revving up and then feeling like someone stabbed the breaks. what i had to do is replace a bad fuel line (which was made of metal for some reason) and leave the carb in parts cleaner overnight. oh yea and because of the bad line it ruined one of the blades on my fuel pump and that had to be replaced. now she runs like a champ id try just a good carb cleaning first tho.
makeitloudnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #26
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

so last night I set in on the electrical and wired in the headlights, taillights and the horn. At least I've got that working.

I also built a fire and did the muffler bbq. Nothing too exciting about that happened but it definitely got cleaned out. One thing I noticed is that there is something loose in the muffler. Is that normal?

lastly, I took the cart around the house without the muffler on and it didn't change a thing It's still sluggish to go and won't climb a mild hill for nothing. I went as far as to try to find someone to work on it for me but no one around here does. Evidentally, for good reason

I'm still going to try and jack it up and video the clutches. If that's not it then I don't know what to do. I guess I'll check the compression and see if it's still good after the work I had done on it.

any other suggestions
Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #27
jd hauler
Not Yet Wild

when you find out whats wrong, please post, I have the same cart, with the same problem, it will back up a mountain, but hardly pull a grade my granny could peddle her bike up.
jd hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #28
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I finally got some videos of the clutches working. I think I see why it grabs and stops. It looks like the pulley continues to open up and the belt finally falls through and catches. please take a look and see what you guys think. thanks.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #29
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

nobody?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Yes that is your problem and it has been reported on this forum before. The previous poster found that it was caused by the shorter belt putting too much stress on the driven clutch. He resolved that issue by putting the sandard belt back on and the problem disappeared. Eventually, because he wanted the greater torque of the shorter belt, he replaced the clutch with a new one and everything worked out fine. Don't keep doing that to your belt as the rivets inside the clutch will tear it to shreds in a very short time.
If you decide to replace the clutch I recommend www.everythingcarts.com. They are a forum sponsor, if you enter the code BG WILD they will cut you a 5% discount and free shipping for orders over $100. Finally they are great people to work with.
Good luck
Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 04-22-2011 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: fat dyslexic fingers
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO