lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
rrfarm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16A will not start without the choke

Ok removed carb and all jets cleaned with torch cleaners and spray. Removed the limiter set it at 1 and a half turns out. I have checked the air box many times it seems to be sealed. Still takes using the choke most of the time to get it going. What am i misssing?
rrfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
rrfarm
Not Yet Wild

If i run it a little bit it will take off and run without the choke but it it sets for a few minutes and i mean like 5 minutes i hve to use the choke. Could the fuel be draining back into the tank until it picks up and gets going. Thinking maybe a fuel pump issue.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
rrfarm
Not Yet Wild

Ok think i finally figured out the problem. Looking at another thread on the voltage side i checked the battery voltage and it would drop to 4 or 5 volts when it was trying to start. Changed the battery and now it starts every time. Ok that being said another problem has arisen now that it will start and run consistently. After it runs and gets warm it cuts off just like you turned off the key. I have removed the ignition coil as the problem per another thread on the same problem. Took it to a local Yamaha shop and they tested it and said it was good and said it was probably the pick-up coil. This was not a golf cart shop and he said he didnt know alot about them but said the ignition coil rarely went bad. So do these things have pick-up coils and if so where and does anybody agree with what the local guy said? Thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The coil was tested cold so it was probably working at that time. If it could be check after cart quit and was hot it would not work.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
rrfarm
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
The coil was tested cold so it was probably working at that time. If it could be check after cart quit and was hot it would not work.
I agree but didnt know if these had pick ups or not so didnt want to argue. Where is a good affordable place to buy those. Locally they are off $112 buggies unlimited are about $70 plus shipping anywhere a little cheaper?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would get from a site sponsor not BU .
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
I would get from a site sponsor not BU .
I agree with Tn. Do you want to save 40.00 when I will gaurantee, the BU unit will fail, most likely soon after you install it or the one year warranty (if they'll stand by that). Yes there have been "TCI" units that have failed after running and get hot, then there good again when cooled down. Get OEM Yamaha and save the heartache. Just my 2 cents.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha