lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 clutch

old boring topic but... without taking it all apart (I will just not right now) IS there a way to lub it.. I got spray lithium or wd40. If it even takes lub.. thanks Joey
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice329 View Post
old boring topic but... without taking it all apart (I will just not right now) IS there a way to lub it.. I got spray lithium or wd40. If it even takes lub.. thanks Joey
Early G1's you have to take part of the clutch apart to grease the floating flange bushings. Later models had a zerk fitting, but a process should be followed to grease it "CORRECTLY". Witch do you have?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
kyguy58
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i have a '79 model, and i am all ears on both clutches
kyguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Field6565
Gone Wild

Take the bolt out of the clutch. Then remove the clip and the big washer. Now you can pull off the outer sheave and the spring. Take some steelwool to the shaft of the inner sheave and then lightly grease it. Put it back together and you should be good to go. You do not need the bolt puller tool for this process.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

ok will be doing it this weekend.

How about the secondary do you guys grease the sliders or lub any of that where the spring is.

I think i have the older model, no fitting to grease and i see the bolt and knock over.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice329 View Post
ok will be doing it this weekend.

How about the secondary do you guys grease the sliders or lub any of that where the spring is.

I think i have the older model, no fitting to grease and i see the bolt and knock over.
Yes. Grease the secondary. I take a small paint brush, put some grease on it and dab the shaft inside of the spring. Keep them greased because poorly functioning clutches can rob a ton of power.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
kyguy58
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, lots of good info from you Field, it all helps
kyguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

TY will be tinkering tomarrow.

Is there a set of shocks without doing much alteration that will give more travel and a smoother ride.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I sprayed lubed the seconday with lithium spray grease. sounds kinda funny but... i think its slower...hehe i should have just left the darn thing alone... haha still gonna do the primary, i think it will need a shim or new spring, it not going back to the neutral position fast enough.

Any thought on a bolt on set of shocks that may give it a better ride. add a link if you got one plz.. thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha