lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Pitcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Quick steering for Hyundai,YAMAHA G2-G9

I have a early 90's Hyunadai golf cart and I have noticed that with the plastic off it looks allot like a Yamaha G2. Most of the steering and suspension parts I have needed to replace have been done using G2 components and I used a transaxle out of a G9 when I swapped in the Arctic Cat L/C 500 twin that is in it because my cart was electric. I have lowered the cart and upgraded the shocks to stiffer better valved units to improve the handling and control at higher speeds. What I want now is quicker steering, golf cart steering is really slow and doesn't help when things get out of shape. I'm thinking about replacing and relocating the tie rods. I have several sets of tie rods for various snowmobiles with solid heim joints instead of ball type joints I plan on mounting them in the sock location on the steering box but using the second bolt hole out from the spindle that the arm for the tie rod bolts to. This location would also give the tie rod a straight shot to the steering arm from the pitman arm instead the severe angle that's at in the stock location, this should improve bump steer and quicken the steering response quite a bit. The only down side I can think of off hand would be that it could be a little too twitchy at speed. I'm curious to know if any of you have done this or any other method to quicken steering response. The next couple projects for this will be a roll bar and electric start.
Pitcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Quick steering for Hyundai,YAMAHA G2-G9

Oh I can't wait to see how this turns out. G2's are my favorite carts.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha