lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2021, 05:12 AM   #1
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha drive G 29 accel pedal free play

As part of another issue I just changed my pedal position sensor on my 2011 electric G 29. The pedal travels about 2 inches before engaging does this sound about right? I thought the old one grabbed a little earlier.
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha drive G 29 accel pedal free play

You want it to just release the parking brake before starting to go.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #3
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
You want it to just release the parking brake before starting to go.
Is that adjustable somewhere? I’m going to go play with it but I’m trying to figure out if I got a defective pedal sensor or what the deal is. I know that can only go in one way
Old 03-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sorry - I have never had to fool with mine.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #5
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sorry - I have never had to fool with mine.
I’m not sure if it’s even an option.... I still have it up on the stands from when I did the transaxle brakes, I’ve been cleaning and painting the frame I will get it down this week take it for a ride and see if it feels the same or not, it just seems a little off to me.

Sidenote did you ever do your brakes?
Old 03-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'm in the process now. I am just putting the diff back together - waiting for the RTV to dry. After disassembly, it appears to me that my brakes were not worn much. I measured the total thickness of the brake pack compared to my new ones and there was virtually no difference so I put it back together with the original brakes. Now I am not sure why I have no adjustment range on the cable. I had assumed that the brake discs were worn. Fluid was pretty grungy but not terrible given that I'm sure it was never changed since the cart was new in 2010. At least now it will have new fluid and I got a look inside. Everything looked fine in there.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:27 AM   #7
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm in the process now. I am just putting the diff back together - waiting for the RTV to dry. After disassembly, it appears to me that my brakes were not worn much. I measured the total thickness of the brake pack compared to my new ones and there was virtually no difference so I put it back together with the original brakes. Now I am not sure why I have no adjustment range on the cable. I had assumed that the brake discs were worn. Fluid was pretty grungy but not terrible given that I'm sure it was never changed since the cart was new in 2010. At least now it will have new fluid and I got a look inside. Everything looked fine in there.
Mine still measured within spec also....I gained a lot on the cable (had to take it almost all the way in) it also really tightened the pedal. What do you you use to measure them? I checked each plate with a caliper.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:42 AM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I measured the total of all the plates in place with a caliper. I got it back together with new motor yesterday. I came up with a way to shorten the cable some to get back into adjustment and the brakes feel fine. I will see how it goes for a while - I may install the new brake parts in the future if needed. For now, I am glad that I pulled it apart for inspection and did a fluid change. I will now change the fluid on my newer cart. Also, with much stronger regen braking, the brakes should last a lot longer. I barely use the brakes on my other cart since I installed an Alltrax controller and dialed in a lot of regen braking. I can drive it with one foot just on the throttle. (like you can do in a Tesla)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha