lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
suttonsigep
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 Controller PTV

Recently purchased a 2010 Yamaha Drive G29 - 48v from a private seller. All stock. I was reading about upgrading the controller with the PTV code to gain extra speed. I have a local dealer who will do the programming, but getting the cart there is a bit of an ordeal. If I was to find a used controller that already has the PTV code upgrade, would that be a simple plug and play install or is it tied to the original cart? Would there be any foreseeable issue with this? Thanks!!
suttonsigep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Controller PTV

You might want to consider an aftermarket controller. I installed Alltrax controllers in both of my Yamaha drive carts. Then you can program everything yourself via USB with a laptop.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Stay away from the code and get an Alltrax Controller. Call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts and he'll set you up. He's s site sponsor and great to work with.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

To answer your question, yes a controller with a code would work in your car. I would never do it. As others have said, take your money and get an aftermarket controller. The results will be better.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha