lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
monkeyman1
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo code D0897

hello all!

monkeyman1 (mm1 short) here...first time poster and newbie to gc's. looks like a great site so far.

purchased KW 1.49, KG 360.6, SERIAL # 1010861, MANUF. CODE D0897, which (i believe from reading the words of wisdom from this site) to be a series/fleet model, non-DCS.

problem was seemed like the bats drained too quickly, after around 30 minutes. had the batteries checked, all good with hydro test. cleaned posts, replaced a couple of jumpers, all clean. put all back together, now NOTHING.

i hear a clicking noise when i turn the key, backup horn works, lights work.

help!

thanks,

mm1
monkeyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
monkeyman1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo code D0897

ok, thanks for the help.

solenoid = good
key switch = good

going to try and bypass the reed switch.

this cart ran fine when i bought it from a friend, but seemed to lose power quickly.

thanks again...mm1
Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

There is a trouble shooting cart in the service manual (link to manual in a sticky thread at the top of the forum) that should help with solving your problem. Sounds like the batteries are old, they should be stamped with a manufacturing date on the terminals.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #4
monkeyman1
Not Yet Wild

reredy, thanks for the response. the bats all checked good on electrolite...brought to a repair shop, checked with a hyrdometer. i asked if there wasn't a load test to be sure, was told didn't need to load test if bats were fully charged and hydrometer said good.

tonight, i plan on jumpering out the reed switch, then on to the ITS.

right now, i'm looking for a way to test the controller to add to the list.

thanks again. mm1
Old 04-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
monkeyman1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
There is a trouble shooting cart in the service manual (link to manual in a sticky thread at the top of the forum) that should help with solving your problem. Sounds like the batteries are old, they should be stamped with a manufacturing date on the terminals.
btw, the non-dcs w/d leaves a little to be desired. thanks
Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Well i'm certainly no expert with electric carts but the conditions you describe are the same for carts with older weak batteries. They are a consumable part and don't last forever, this holds true for all batteries even if its in you laptop, cordless drill, camera, or your golf cart.

Sorry I can't be more help but I would only be guessing as to why it won't run. sounds like something you did when you were changing things. I would go back over those things and look for a bad connection
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
monkeyman1
Not Yet Wild

turns out i checked the solenoid incorrectly the first time around...didn't push the pedal when shorting across larger terminals (duh). did that and she moved! solenoid ordered....thanks ruredy if still watching post.

mm1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO