lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
projecthogheaven
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf Cart Novice

Hello everyone on BGW! i have used this site to answer a lot of my questions about different parts on my EZGO electric cart that i just purchased, all of you have been most helpful so i decided to join. I bought an older EZGO marathon about 5 days ago....my first cart!! I am excited to get it fixed up and running. I have replaced the batteries already and have had problems with the speed board contactors arching together. I have dissasembled and cleaned all of the parts i could. It runs pretty good now. Although, this may sound stupid but i still can't figure out what year my cart is. The tag below the passenger side glove is really worn. i was told that the first two numbers for the model number of the cart should indicate the year of the cart. If this is true then my cart is from 1923 and i know that that is impossible. Can someone point me in the right direction? also, when i started running the cart the first speed resistor coil burnt up and fell off in ring pieces. now, as soon as i put the cart in forward or reverse it starts to go without pressing the gas. is this because of the first speed coil or is it the solenoid? sorry so long - first posting.
thanks
projecthogheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart Novice

It depends on what year it is for determining what year it is.... The last 2 digits of the manufacturing code indicate the year on later models. I believe there were only 3 years where the first 2 numbers indicated the year and those were in the mid 70's and wouldn't even be Marathon models.
Kinda sounds like a solenoid stuck but its been forever since I work on an electric cart so i'm just guessing.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO