lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo txt pds half speed poor runner

Were you getting a 2-1 error code at the time?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Also, put in Tow, unplug and spray clean all the Molex connectors. Don't forget to in line one going to the reed switch.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #13
stang99x
Gone Wild

Its constantly had the 2-1 since the issue arose. I'll go and clean the connections.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
stang99x
Gone Wild

After cleaning all connections, the only irregularity I saw was some minor green corrosion in one side of the reed switch, and a very minor spot that had gotten hot on the other side. Nothing that appeared to be detrimental, but I'm trying to notate everything.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #15
stang99x
Gone Wild

On a whim, I replaced the microswitch on the accel pedal by the ITS. That seems to have corrected the issue after minimal testing. I'll put it through it's paces a bit more and report back if the issue is solved.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #16
stang99x
Gone Wild

That seems to have been it. Thanks for the Help Johnnie, I appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear it is going again.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:25 PM   #18
curly
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Digging this one up... my TXT PDS is doing the exact same thing. Wondering if the OP has had anymore issues.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #19
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
That seems to have been it. Thanks for the Help Johnnie, I appreciate it. [emoji106]
Hi, are you saying the new Micro Switch was the resolution? I am experiencing identical issues, but am receiving the 3-2 code for a welded solenoid...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
buckeyejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:23 AM   #20
Blue Dog
Not Yet Wild

New post 1 th October 2020 Hi there, I had exactly the same issue. I replaced the solenoid on the solenoid error, then it would only go half speed forward until I put it in reverse then drove backwards until the solenoid engaged and I drove backwards maybe 50 cm’s You had to quickly switch it to forwards ( within 2 seconds or it would revert to half speed ) and it would go normal (full speed ) until you stopped and it would repeat the half speed error.

After using the wiring guide from here i traced it to the its. Yes I have a 2007 ezgo 36v with pds controller. I traced all voltages on the solenoid and resistor and they were perfect ( same as battery pack )

I then found green electrical death on the forward/reverse rocker switch on the dash. Water ingress through the dash panel. Replaced the switch and the terminals as they were corroded and a little loose.

The answer you are looking for is that I found loose terminals on the its solenoid in the pedal box the black and the white wires. Cut the old terminals off and put new connectors on there. My buggy is about 14 yrs old. When I tested the wires for continuity they were perfect. It wasn’t until I put the buggy on the stands and activated the accelerometer pedal that I noticed the voltage issue.

Man this took me 2 days of fault finding to find this. I am no auto electrician, however the trouble shooting guide is great.

Just remember that you need the fwd/ rev switch to be in fwd to test it not neutral like I had mistakenly done 😂.

My cart s back baby and I couldn’t be happier! Good luck my friends. This forum rocks 👌❤️
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO