lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo ITS Troubleshooting

I went to move the cart this morning to get cleaned up to sell, just my luck it wouldn't move. Solenoid was clicking but no go. I wiggled the wires on top of the alltrax axe4865 and finally got it to go. After washing the cart, again it will not move. The solenoid clicks and the led blinks 4 times and goes to solid green. So I went by the troubleshooting guide and with my positive probe on the black ITS wire and negative probe on the battery pack negative I get 9.9 volts, if I unhook the wire and check voltage at the controller pin I get 14 volts. Does this sound like the ITS is the culprit?
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo ITS Troubleshooting

The troubleshooting guide is for a Curtis 1206 controller.

To check the ITS input on Alltrax controllers, connect a DVM between the pins the black and white wires are attached to. (Pins 2 & 3 on a AXE4865)

When the pedal is pushed just far enough to get the solenoid to click, you should read 10V.
With pedal on floor, you should have 6V.

Try drying the controller and attaching wires with a hair dryer.

The is also an in-line connector between the pedal box cable and cart wiring harness that misbehaves when it gets wet, or even damp in some cases.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The troubleshooting guide is for a Curtis 1206 controller.

To check the ITS input on Alltrax controllers, connect a DVM between the pins the black and white wires are attached to. (Pins 2 & 3 on a AXE4865)

When the pedal is pushed just far enough to get the solenoid to click, you should read 10V.
With pedal on floor, you should have 6V.

Try drying the controller and attaching wires with a hair dryer.

The is also an in-line connector between the pedal box cable and cart wiring harness that misbehaves when it gets wet, or even damp in some cases.
Thanks JohnnieB, I think you're probably right about it being wet. The cart ran fine yesterday evening. Then it got rained on last night, then I washed the batteries off. I'll get a hair dryer and dry things off when I get home. Also, I totally forgot I can plug my laptop in and see what the the controller/throttle is doing.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, I only get 9v between the throttle 1 and 2 pins at solenoid click, then it goes down to 6v as I press the pedal. As you can see from the alltrax monitor, with the pedal to the floor it is only showing 20% throttle. With my probes on B- and M- I get pack voltage at solenoid click, and it does not change as I press the pedal to the floor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (213.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry about the sideways pic.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I also just checked the resistance on the white and black wires between the controller and its, each one measures 0.5 ohms, so I'm assuming my wiring is good.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Leakage between the two wires caused by moisture and corrosion can cause problems too. Disconnect both and check across the two wires for leakage. Any reading between the two indicates potential problem. Reading may be in the high resistance reading on the 20,000 ohm scale. Reading may vary with type of meter used. Like JohnnieB suggested, check for a inline connector between the ITS module and the controller.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #8
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Leakage between the two wires caused by moisture and corrosion can cause problems too. Disconnect both and check across the two wires for leakage.
I'm sorry, not quite following you radioman, I thought that's what I was doing by checking resistance between the wires at the controller pins and i.t.s. So are you saying disconnect the wires and check for continuity between the two wires?
Old 11-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #9
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am not getting any measurable continuity from the 200 through 200k scales, but if I go up to the 2 million ohm scale, it measures around .400
Old 11-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just hooked everything back up, looked like everything was working. Cart tried to move by pressing the pedal lightly a few times. Now it has stopped again without touching anything.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO