lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2016, 09:44 PM   #11
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: TXT steering rack

hey,

yeah lots of people would like to be cheap in the beginning, until their dang battery tray falls out from under them while their driving!! lol...
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #12
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

or their kid/kids get hurt on the golf cart
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:28 AM   #13
Mrbruin2k
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1996 TXT that we use around the neighborhood and the steering is very loose. Will this kit tighten up the steering or is there something else I should try first? Also is this a hard kit to install? I installed my lift kit so if its around that skill level I can handle it.
Mrbruin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbruin2k View Post
I have a 1996 TXT that we use around the neighborhood and the steering is very loose. Will this kit tighten up the steering or is there something else I should try first? Also is this a hard kit to install? I installed my lift kit so if its around that skill level I can handle it.
I have done it up at our campground where there is only a sheltered deck and limited tools to work with. It's not hard to do. Wear gloves when opening the rack up. The grease inside the rack is FILLED with fine particles from the rack. Really difficult to remove from your skin, lol.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #15
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a brand new steering rack to replace my existing one on my 1996 EZGO TXT. How much grease do you put into the steering? How do you know when it is enough? Sorry for the rookie question, just want to get it right the first time.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #16
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
thanks for your input golfcartguy

the customer said they were fine with packing it with grease, and once it gets worse with the steering they will have it changed out. I told them that may be a safety issue and not a good idea but lol its their decision...

-steve
I wonder if they've realized that "gets worse" can involve no steering at all once that rack wears enough to skip over the pinion teeth.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #17
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess that was a real rookie question since there are no answers. I search and do not see any results on when to know there is enough grease. Don't want to blow anything out by putting in too much
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #18
crash test dummy

i really don't know
Old 02-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #19
hubbajo14
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm going to replace my steering rack soon. Is it best to remove the whole rack and pinion unit or can I get the new rack in without taking the whole unit out?
hubbajo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #20
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbruin2k View Post
First thing you should do is grease the fittings on the front end. Often these are never greased and it creates slop. I did that on a marathon I purchased and it removed much more than half the slop in the steering.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO