lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #21
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I set my level down to OEM, connected a controller, and the RPM limit value drops to 8000 RPM and is not able to be changed. So the level is causing it to read higher and allow it to be changed. Once set back to my proper level, it goes back to 9500 and is a changable value, with the 9500 the highest it will allow. To go higher would require changes to the program itself. Not a good idea in my opinion. I'm afraid to do more than short duration tests at more than 9000 RPM as it is. The 300Hz maximum of the controller could deliver 12000 RPM unloaded, which would probably grenade the motor before that speed could be reached.

Bob
sounds like you might want a scatter shield if you change your mind.....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2017, 06:49 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
sounds like you might want a scatter shield if you change your mind.....
I forgot to mention, when the Curtis controller in my 2012 RXV locked up in a WOT loop, motor RPMs went well over the 9500 RPM limit, which is set in the E-Z-GO VCL. So all input was ignored, as well as safety limits in the VCL. I guess I was lucky that the motor did not grenade on me. I have been unable to find an RPM limit spec on the motors used in the RXV, but there had to be a valid reason for the 9500 RPM limit in the VCL.

Now that I'm working with Development access level, I have found that I can program limits that exceed those set in the VCL, and it works. However, if I save the file and then try reflashing it back to the controller, it fails to load any values that exceed the VCL limits. Even if Clone is enabled, values in excess of VCL limits are ignored. You get a message that values were out of range and not programmed. Those values are set back to the default limits. They must be manually re-entered. Just a heads up on this.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO