lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
GnarlesGerard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation Rear Solenoid Possibly Malfunctioning Need Diagrams

I have an old western golf and country... Batteries are in good order, have recently changed the front solenoid, accelerator cable with the spring loaded coper contact and most recently rear solenoid. This is the year(s) that they made the ezgo with only resistor coils as a speed control.

I had to replace the engine last summer after blowing the previous out (high rpm's going downhill and topping 50 mph). When I replaced it, it took me for a good four miles when suddenly the speed dropped out of nowhere (resistor coils were not overly engaged as it did not smell like burning coils as had experienced before). When I gave the cart full throttle, it puttered as if it was out of battery. After a couple minutes, pushing the pedal supplied zero power to the engine.

I am now trying to troubleshoot the issue and am stumped. Battery reads full charge and all the lights and accessories come on with their full rigor. I have checked connections and mad sure they are tight. I even just replaced the rear solenoid to make sure I got it right. The cables do appear tired and burned in places, but I patched those spots with electrical (And frankly they looked that bad before).

1. Does anyone suggest any other troubleshooting.
2. Can anyone supply an old diagram for a four post rear solenoid on a resistor coil outfitted electric ezgo?
3. Can anyone supply the same type of diagram for all of the cables? I want to make sure I reconnected everything ok...
4. Should I bypass everything to test the new motor first and make sure that it works?
5. Does anyone have any other suggestiions short of replacing all cables and the motor?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give...
GnarlesGerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
electric motor, power, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO