lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2017, 06:41 AM   #1
don124
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo Anti-Stall feature

Hi there

I've been looking for a system to prevent motor stall on a cart that we sell, and I have found that EzGo seem to have a system in place to prevent stall. Can anyone tell me how this works exactly and is it part of the function of the controller or is it a seperate function? And lastly, how effective is it?

Oh and does anyone know of any other anti-stall systems on golf carts?

I understand it has a sensor for the motor RPM, and its reading the foot throttle signal wire voltage. So as I understand, if motor RPM at zero and foot throttle depressed (in a 5v throttle it would be adjusted somewhere after 0v), then the power will cut to the motor momentarily.

Thanks

Don

(from EZGo pdf I found)

Anti-Stall Feature
Anti-Stall protection prevents motor damage from stalling the vehicle against an object or on a hill.
Example: If all of the following events occur:
• the system senses that the accelerator pedal is depressed (power applied to motor)
• the motor is stalled long enough that any more time may cause motor damage
the Anti-Stall feature will momentarily interrupt power to the motor. This brief interruption will permit the car to roll backwards
slightly before again stopping in the stalled condition. This process will repeat itself periodically until the car is
moved from the stalled condition.
• the system senses that the accelerator pedal is depressed (power applied to motor)
• the brake is engaged so as to prevent vehicle motion
the Anti-Stall feature will sense a stalled motor condition and remove power from the motor. When the brake pedal is
released, the car will roll backwards slightly before power is returned to the motor.
don124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo Anti-Stall feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by don124 View Post
Hi there

I've been looking for a system to prevent motor stall on a cart that we sell, and I have found that EzGo seem to have a system in place to prevent stall. Can anyone tell me how this works exactly and is it part of the function of the controller or is it a seperate function? And lastly, how effective is it?

Oh and does anyone know of any other anti-stall systems on golf carts?

I understand it has a sensor for the motor RPM, and its reading the foot throttle signal wire voltage. So as I understand, if motor RPM at zero and foot throttle depressed (in a 5v throttle it would be adjusted somewhere after 0v), then the power will cut to the motor momentarily.

Thanks

Don

(from EZGo pdf I found)

Anti-Stall Feature
Anti-Stall protection prevents motor damage from stalling the vehicle against an object or on a hill.
• the motor is stalled long enough that any more time may cause motor damage
the Anti-Stall feature will momentarily interrupt power to the motor. This brief interruption will permit the car to roll backwards
slightly before again stopping in the stalled condition. This process will repeat itself periodically until the car is
moved from the stalled condition.
• the brake is engaged so as to prevent vehicle motion
the Anti-Stall feature will sense a stalled motor condition and remove power from the motor. When the brake pedal is
released, the car will roll backwards slightly before power is returned to the motor.
That would be incorporated into E-Z-GOs OEM VCL (Vehicle Control Language) portion of the code. The VCL in Curtis golf cart controllers is quite limited in comparison to VCL capabilities in more advanced electric vehicle controllers. In simpler terms, if it is not supported in the configuration menu, you cannot alter or tweak the settings. E-Z-GO has a tiered configuration programming structure, User/Dealer/OEM/Factory/Development. So what you have access to within any given controller is determined by the access level of whatever programmer that you have available. You literally will not even know about the VCL unless you are at the highest access levels.

If you really want to set up a custom VCL for a vehicle that you sell, Curtis has simplified the process by making standard controllers and code available so that you can develop your own VCL. I have experience along these lines.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO