lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
slashpine
Getting Wild

Default General questions 36V TXT DCS...can you help?

The cart is a stock 97 36V TXT DCS...only modification is a utility box.

I am preparing to replace the battery pack and would like to add a 12V converter, a charge meter and some lights...

Is there a way to access the back of the dash panel without removing the cowling? would like to install the charge meter and the light switches on the dash...

What is the best source for the different rivets required for these carts ?

Tire size question...This cart is used primarily on hilly, rocky gravel roads...I have been using the original type 18 X 8.5 X 8 tires/wheels...would there be any benefit going to a narrower wheel/tire since I am not concerned about damaging turf etc?

OK about batteries...I went with Interstate last time and got two plus great years and another two plus so-so years...have been quoted by a local shop for both Trojans (T105) and the equivalent Crowns...$120 for Trojans and $99 for the Crowns (double posts)...What's the general consensus on the option? (the shop owner recommended the Crowns fwiw)

Thanks in advance for any insights...
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: General questions 36V TXT DCS...can you help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpine View Post
The cart is a stock 97 36V TXT DCS...only modification is a utility box.

I am preparing to replace the battery pack and would like to add a 12V converter, a charge meter and some lights...

1 Is there a way to access the back of the dash panel without removing the cowling? would like to install the charge meter and the light switches on the dash...

2 What is the best source for the different rivets required for these carts ?

3 Tire size question...This cart is used primarily on hilly, rocky gravel roads...I have been using the original type 18 X 8.5 X 8 tires/wheels...would there be any benefit going to a narrower wheel/tire since I am not concerned about damaging turf etc?

4 OK about batteries...I went with Interstate last time and got two plus great years and another two plus so-so years...have been quoted by a local shop for both Trojans (T105) and the equivalent Crowns...$120 for Trojans and $99 for the Crowns (double posts)...What's the general consensus on the option? (the shop owner recommended the Crowns fwiw)

Thanks in advance for any insights...
1. its possible, but taking the cowl would be the best option as it gives you easy access to do any and all wiring you will be doing.

2. if you are wanting a complete set of rivets, you can buy sets from various vendors, even ez-go. if you know the sizes you want just go to a hardware store that carries pop rivets.

3. No....although you may want to get some "knobby" tires to increase your traction on wet/muddy terrain.

4. Crowns are great batteries. if it were me, and had the same AH batteries, I personally would pick Crowns. but at present, I am running Interstates, and have gotten great performance out of them for the last 3 1/2 years.

The one thing I would suggest, is to get a higher AH battery then the standard.....T105 or CR225's (both are 225 AH), a higher AH batteries will increase your run times.....such as the T125's or CR235.....OR even the Interstate U2300.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO