lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #11
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 TXT Solenoid Diode

Voltage is the same on both sides after solenoid clicks. I changed out the pedal switch and now solenoid is clicking. I moved on to the ITS diagnostics. I'm not getting any voltage reading on the white wire 6 pin. The black wire was reading 14 v. I checked voltage at sensor and it was 14v on black and 5 on white. I made a jumper bypassing throttle sensor and getting 5 volts on white and black wires at 6 pin. Full voltage on the red wire. I then checked the controller and when pedal is fully pressed the reading goes to full voltage. Bad throttle sensor? Cart still just clicks and doesnt go anywhere. Thank you
Coon Urine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon Urine View Post
Voltage is the same on both sides after solenoid clicks. I changed out the pedal switch and now solenoid is clicking. I moved on to the ITS diagnostics. I'm not getting any voltage reading on the white wire 6 pin. The black wire was reading 14 v. I checked voltage at sensor and it was 14v on black and 5 on white. I made a jumper bypassing throttle sensor and getting 5 volts on white and black wires at 6 pin. Full voltage on the red wire. I then checked the controller and when pedal is fully pressed the reading goes to full voltage. Bad throttle sensor? Cart still just clicks and doesnt go anywhere. Thank you
Ouch! You shorted the ITS power supply output from the controller to the ITS detector input inside the controller.

Zero volts on white wire with 14V on black wire indicates a bad ITS sensor in the pedal box.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #13
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Ouch! You shorted the ITS power supply output from the controller to the ITS detector input inside the controller.

Zero volts on white wire with 14V on black wire indicates a bad ITS sensor in the pedal box.
I was getting 0 before i tried the jumper. I called the local golfcart repair and thats what he told me to try to see if i would get any voltage on the 6 pin side.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #14
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

Ok. My dad let me try his ITS sensor. My cart still only clicks. I put mine in his cart and mine works on his. So i believe i ruled out the components in the pedal box. Any ideas??
Old 01-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Follow the gray cable coming out of the pedal box until you find the in-line connector that connects it to the cart's wiring harness. It gets wet and is the source of a lot of ITS and pedal switch problems.

Some forum member have replace it with four butt connectors.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #16
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Follow the gray cable coming out of the pedal box until you find the in-line connector that connects it to the cart's wiring harness. It gets wet and is the source of a lot of ITS and pedal switch problems.

Some forum member have replace it with four butt connectors.
This one has the 4 butt connector on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1485714481839-1358410086.jpg (155.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Nah, that's the original one, check its contacts very thoroughly.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #18
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

Ok thank you. Like I said im new at this, it is very fun and frustrating at the same time. stay tuned.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #19
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

Ok i checked them and they checked out ok. I also checked the motor. I get battery pack voltage on s1 and s2. I get nothing on a1 or a2. When solenoid clicks it ohms out on a1 and a2. What does this mean?
Old 01-29-2017, 08:16 PM   #20
Coon Urine
Not Yet Wild

TTT
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO