lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #11
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 ezgo txt dead batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
I would like to live in this world 6 to 8 hours of run time
lol I should have been more realistic I guess. Depends on what your doing with your cart and how hard you push it, and battery condition of course. I suppose if you are only driving short distances, but all day, like maintenance workers for instance, then the cart will last you all day
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #12
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
lol I should have been more realistic I guess. Depends on what your doing with your cart and how hard you push it, and battery condition of course. I suppose if you are only driving short distances, but all day, like maintenance workers for instance, then the cart will last you all day
You mean maintenance workers who are sleeping in the bathtubs and not driving more than 90 minutes a day?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #14
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You mean maintenance workers who are sleeping in the bathtubs and not driving more than 90 minutes a day?
Yeah lol that could be the case
Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I can drive all day, but I'm limited to 4 subdivisions, and plug in (charge) any time I can, even if only for a few minutes. Actual drive time is WAY less than 8 hours.

My ExRay will tell me how many hours I drive per day, but I just don't have the time to care.

I got 9 years out of my last batteries, and hope to get close to that now.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I can drive all day, but I'm limited to 4 subdivisions, and plug in (charge) any time I can, even if only for a few minutes. Actual drive time is WAY less than 8 hours.

My ExRay will tell me how many hours I drive per day, but I just don't have the time to care.

I got 9 years out of my last batteries, and hope to get close to that now.
Yeah sorry about the 6-8 hour thing, not realistic by far. Someone told me once that the g29 with 8 volts for instance is rated at something like 2-3 hours run time? That is with new batteries of course and fully charged, driving on flat ground. I have not had the opportunity to test it lol but I'm sure there may be some information about that somewhere. Wow 9 years...how did you find the carts performance after the 5-6 year mark?
Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
--------------
Someone told me once that the g29 with 8 volts for instance is rated at something like 2-3 hours run time?
That is with new batteries of course and fully charged, driving on flat ground.
I have not had the opportunity to test it lol but I'm sure there may be some information about that somewhere.
----------
The run-time for a Trojan Ranger 160 (204AH -8V), which is one of the highest capacity 8V batteries typically used in golf carts, is 160 minutes with a steady 56A discharge rate, but the T-875 is the one more commonly used and only has a run-time of 117 minutes. Those times are to complete discharge and we typically try not to go below 50%, so the usable run-times are about half of the times listed in the attached specs chart.

Of course our batteries are not being discharged at a constant rate while out and about, nor do all carts draw the same amps under the same load and on the same terrain, so predicting actual pedal time is very difficult.

On the other hand, I have made some range (Distance that can be traveled on a single full charge down to 50% SoC) estimates by driving a GPS measured distance (typically >10 and <15 miles) and subtracting the after SoC from the before SoC, to get the AH consumed in that distance. Then divide the AH used by the distance traveled to get AH/Nile and the dividing 50% of the rated storage capacity of the battery pack by that number to get a range estimate.

A 12 mile test run that included off-road, gravel and paved surfaces, hills and city streets with stop signs, took about 70 minutes complete, but only a bit over 42 minutes was actual pedal time. (Throttle position >0 on data log)

Peak battery current was 265A, but average during actual pedal time was 59.1A.
Let batteries rest for half an hour before calculating after SoC.
Cart used 3.7AH/mile (at 42V), so the range estimate was 32.9 Miles.

It took 42 minutes of pedal time to go 12mi, so it would have taken about 115 minutes (1.92Hr) to take my battery pack down to 50% Soc.

My cart is very efficient and I was being fairly gentle with it on that test run, but only got about 2 hours (Estimated) pedal time with a 42V - 245AH battery pack.

Depending how hard I drive my cart, I can use anywhere from 3.4AH/Mi up to 5.3AH/Mi, so the pedal time can be as high as 124 minutes down to a low of 43 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan Golf Cart Battery specs.jpg (299.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #18
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Based upon 50% capacity depletion most carts have 90 minutes of actual run time. Everybody should have an in-dash digital battery meter so you can know when to be back on the charger. Batteries are expensive and these meters are cheap
My DVM is coming

But I am interested,on flat road is the cart more efficient with constant throttle for example holding the pedal at 1/2 "throttle" vs 3/4 "throttle" vs full "throttle"? Will you get more or less range with a larger controller? Basic example if stock you go 15mph and have a 90 min run time you can go about 22 miles vs upgraded controller @ 24mph even if your run time is decrease to 60 minutes due to more power being consumed you theoretically could go 24 miles? I figure stop and go uses more than continuous use?

Not sure what really effects battery run time.
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #19
marianol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Depending how hard I drive my cart, I can use anywhere from 3.4AH/Mi up to 5.3AH/Mi, so the pedal time can be as high as 124 minutes down to a low of 43 minutes.
If depends on how hard you drive it. I think I must be getting 5 minutes of run time
marianol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yeah sorry about the 6-8 hour thing, not realistic by far. Someone told me once that the g29 with 8 volts for instance is rated at something like 2-3 hours run time? That is with new batteries of course and fully charged, driving on flat ground. I have not had the opportunity to test it lol but I'm sure there may be some information about that somewhere. Wow 9 years...how did you find the carts performance after the 5-6 year mark?
I bought it used, and would have to dig through photos, to see how long I had it, but the batteries went 9 years to the month. Speed was pretty slow uphill, but run time was still acceptable. Never had to walk or tow it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO