lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
jscrapmetal
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV

Its lifted on 22's. 48 volt with 4 12 volt batteries. Is this a good cart for hunting?
jscrapmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscrapmetal View Post
Its lifted on 22's. 48 volt with 4 12 volt batteries. Is this a good cart for hunting?
22's will give you more ground clearance, but will limit torque for climbing hills, and impact braking efficiency for the same reason. If you want to use it for hunting, you would be better off with stock (18") size tires up to about 20". More than that will put you at a disadvantage unless you spend the money for the 350 Amp controller upgrade.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #3
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What kind of terrain are you in and what kind of trails etc will you be going on. Super hilly? lots of mud/water? established trails or no trails?

I have an rxv with 23 inch tires and running 2 gauge cables.

Bob is smarter than me so I won't dispute his data. Smaller tires are always better for torque. Here is a video of me climbing the biggest hill I can find around me and me going on the trails in my local woods which I do almost daily...the 2nd half if less trail and more forest. Note, I avoid huge mud puddles.

hill climb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBWi6PhSK84

Run through the woods at 4x speed which I do almost daily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUPJ-6FEnRQ

I occasionally do have issues with big dips in the trail if I stop just prior or at the bottom of the dip...... espeically if loaded with 4 people. In those instances, I get out and push and have a rider hit the accelerator or if I'm alone I press it with my hand and push with the other.

I've only gotten stuck in the mud once. The biggest variable is you. Once you learn what your cart can do and what it can't you will be better. Wet dirt that looks inviting is the worst. Getting your tires caked in mud is the worst. I rarely find myself in a position of burying myself in mud because I avoid mud puddles. Slick clay/mud will cake up your tires quick so you have to learn your terrain and the importance of clearing your tires.

Last edited by sltintexas; 02-20-2017 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: additional data
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:47 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I grew up in Savannah, so you're likely dealing with - worst case - a few steep hills, but a LOT of sand. It needs the right tires. Hopefully you can test drive it in its "new" environment?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:13 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I'm in the appalachian mountains, so I guess I'm more biased about torque than most. The grades we must deal with can get you killed if your cart fails to go or stop when you need it to. Hunting carts in this region must be able to handle the terrain here or you won't last long. When the feds were using 4 wheelers east of here looking for Eric Rudolph, many were injured by exceeding the capabilities of their rides.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I'm in the appalachian mountains, so I guess I'm more biased about torque than most. The grades we must deal with can get you killed if your cart fails to go or stop when you need it to. Hunting carts in this region must be able to handle the terrain here or you won't last long. When the feds were using 4 wheelers east of here looking for Eric Rudolph, many were injured by exceeding the capabilities of their rides.

Bob
In your case I agree. Worst thing you can do on a steep hill is have to stop and back down. I was fully loaded with 3 kids on the back and backed down a hill. I stopped suddenly in the process and popped a wheelie. Luckily the foot tray that is part of the backseat caught us. I don't know if we would have gone all the way over or not, but it scared me to death!
Old 02-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
Beagler
Not Yet Wild

With the same setup you listed mine does everything I want it to in the woods. Had two Bad boy buggies and the RXV is hands down better than the BBB"s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PART_1475590147680_1475590147760.jpg (1.01 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Effect_20161222_091823.jpg (190.2 KB, 0 views)
Beagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
With the same setup you listed mine does everything I want it to in the woods. Had two Bad boy buggies and the RXV is hands down better than the BBB"s.

where did you get your cooler mount on the back?

and where do you find headless deer :D
Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #9
jscrapmetal
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys.
jscrapmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Beagler
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltintexas View Post
where did you get your cooler mount on the back?

and where do you find headless deer :D
When I bought the cart it had the rack on the back already installed. As for the deer the heads were hanging over the side. I didn't want to have them in the pic just because some think it's a lil graphic.
Beagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO