lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

Default Txt PDS low voltage

Hi all new here.I purchased a 2002 txt pds36V last year didn't know much about carts at the time (now neither)lol..but I think my batteries are up for replacement.I charged my batteries yesterday with the Powerwise charger that came with it.With the charger plugged in it reads 44v or so charger kicked off ,unplugged charger and let sit over night and this morning it reads 37.6 on my dash gauge.I drive the cart for about 5 min up and down my driveway...going up driveway about 150 ft very slight incline voltage drops too 29.6 full throttle and slows down a lot so I'm thinking they are giving up .Should I do any other test before dropping the coin on new batteries?
Also I know Trojans are best from what I read here but not availiable locally.Is there any decent battery you all can recommend?
diesel97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Txt PDS low voltage

Your probably need to say where your at so somebody can tell you what and where to buy some.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Your probably need to say where your at so somebody can tell you what and where to buy some.
Sorry my bad...I live in Connecticut.Thx
diesel97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Try a few back-to-back charges to see if you can get them to take more of a charge. IE: Start a new charge every night and every morning for a few days, maybe add one during the day also.

Like yours, my batteries were only taking about a 85% charge when I got my cart and I managed to get them back up to taking nearly 100% in a few weeks, and I ran them for almost two years.

What was the overnight temperature, batteries don't perform as well in the winter. About a 10% loss for every 15°F below 80°F.

Attached is a list of 6V batteries commonly used in golf carts. Go with 225AH or larger.

Think outside the box for places to buy, I special ordered my Exide batteries through a tractor supply store. (Rural King)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (102.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO