lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Won't go foward but will reverse

Just installed new batteries in my ezgo txt pds and solenoid will engage and move in reverse but I get nothing when in Forward. Could this be a bad f/r switch in dash? How exactly with my voltmeter can I rule that out?

Thanks
Golfer24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2017, 08:45 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Won't go foward but will reverse

Could be, you may have to check wires going to the controller. Not sure which wires specifically but someone will tell you
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
rib33024

Did the cart run fine before you changed the batteries? And did you flip the tow/run switch to TOW before you disconnected any wires
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Bought cart with no charger and shot batteries so really never got to drive it and yes cart stays on tow unless I'm using it. The only reason I think it may be a bad f/r switch is because when I first pressed pedal on foward it engaged and started going. I stopped tried reverse it worked then went back to foward and nothing. So I'm hoping it is as simple as a bad switch because I just got new batteries and I'm ready to roll that baby. I wiggled on connectors on back of switch and all seem to be connected snug. Any help on figuring out if it is switch with voltmeter or another way?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #5
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Since this is a pds cart I'm leaning towards it being a bad controller? I need to check the back of f/r switch to test ohms but not sure how. Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

At the back of the F&R switch there are 3 wires. The center is power in. Forward and reverse are the top and bottom wires.

Simply swap the top and bottom wires.
If you now have reverse but no forward (opposite direction as original problem) then the F&R switch has failed.
If you still have the same problem, forward no reverse, the controller has failed. Replace it with the new Alltrax XCT48400 PDS controller and HD SW180 solenoid at the link below
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #7
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks scottyb, i called local cart shop and he also seems to think if i have reverse but no forward its a controller problem, he said he would sell me a refurbished standard controller for 350 plus labor to put in (rip-off) so with that said i'll try the first option you gave and if i still have no forward i'll def be ordering that alltrax controller / solenoid combo from you. My cart already has the 4g wires so that wont be a problem, just wondering if i would be able to install it myself without running into too much trouble.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have an install rating system on my website for guys & gals who ask this question. Controller replacement is a level 2 upgrade. Go here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/instal...ng-system.html
and a PDS install thread here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-upgrade.html
Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #9
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i took a look at your pds upgrade thread and installing controller seems pretty simple, surely i can tackle a level 2 upgrade lol

only question is will existing cover with tow switch fit back into place to cover controller and solenoid cause its prolly not a good idea to leave it in the wide open?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cover is not used. The controller and solenoid are weatherproof
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO