lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #21
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought a Bent One Apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot Mama View Post
Are you talking about the leaf springs? The one that's lower on the left side of the cart in the backend pic? If so, they're about $150.00? A new pair of those would level my rig out? Do I need a golf car mechanic or can a regular mechanic do it? Thank you for your help.

ie; Thanks jax...so the txt electric needs 2 kinds of springs? I wonder why the guy who built it didn't replace everything. He said he did. Argh live and learn!
The TXT HD springs are $96 for the kit (part # SPN-2004), including new bushings and spacers. I found the front HD springs on closeout, and DIY matched the price for me. You need 2 of those.

Removal of the fronts took a small jack, jackstands, and a two wrenches. 12 bolts and nuts easily accessible. Rears took the same, but just two bolts per side. You will need a lot of muscle, or an impact wrench!
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #22
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll take some pictures of the underside tomorrow in the daylight. Thank you everyone for your help and your 2 cents. I thought it was too good to be true. Sure was a cute little thing for $3,000. I either have to sell it as is or put more money into it. Dang...has a real nice stereo in it too. )-: Can anyone tell me where the delete button is when editing. Still getting to know my way around this forum and haven't found it yet.
Red Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #23
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Can you get a good pic of the front spindles where they bolt to the front axle. Some thing don't look right with them. And yes the one shock mount on the driver side is welded lower that the other one
You're talking about the backend picture? Or the front? It's lower on both ends and I couldn't tell ya what a shock mount looks like. Are those on all 4 wheels? Lol
Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #24
rib33024

There will be 6 bolts and nuts on each side in the rear to remove the springs. 4 Holding the springs to the axle. And 2 holding the springs to the frame
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Again, this is merely cosmetic. If you aren't bottoming out, just live with it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:18 PM   #26
rib33024

The pic of the front of the cart. The two flat steel brackets that are welded to the front of the axle. The drive side is welded lower than the one on the passenger side. I don't think the factory did that. But that is just your shock mount, it would have nothing to do with the cart leaning
Old 03-02-2017, 11:21 PM   #27
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

"Again, this is merely cosmetic. If you aren't bottoming out, just live with it."

This little red car stands out like the Flintstones in my neighborhood. I really don't want to be running around in it lopsided:) Know what I mean? Call it cosmetic or whatever but it's my first cart. Kinda like riding in a new BMW Roadster at a tilt. I don't think I could live with that Yurtle. I don't think you would either. JMO, smiles.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:22 PM   #28
rib33024

Never mind on the pic of the spindles. I made the pic larger and they look ok
Old 03-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #29
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

"The pic of the front of the cart. The two flat steel brackets that are welded to the front of the axle. The drive side is welded lower than the one on the passenger side. I don't think the factory did that. But that is just your shock mount, it would have nothing to do with the cart leaning."

So, it might just be the plastic body was riveted poorly? Is that fixable?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #30
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's shots between the left side and the right of the leaf springs? There's a bit of a difference in the measurements. If these are the leaf springs, do I need new ones or can they be adjusted?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1178.jpg (84.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.jpg (73.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 8.45.49 PM.png (1.42 MB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 8.46.53 PM.png (1.40 MB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO