lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2017, 05:32 PM   #41
badbrad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Cart only creeps forward and backwards

Well...... It's Alive! From what I can tell ,on the jack stands , it's running up to speed now. I noticed that after I cut it off and tried to restart it that it would not move at all. I quickly realized (I guess) that the brake has to be attached so that the controller can see the motor still. After holding the motor shaft by hand during "key on" it would start every time. I quess that any movement in that motor during startup the controller recognizes it and says " no start". I didnt hook up the brake because I am waiting on the new style to arrive as the current brake has the one with the lever on it and is burnt pretty bad. I would like to thank you guys for your knowledge and patience with me during this problem.... I really appreciate it! I know now to at least have knowledge of what I'm getting into if anyone else needs me to look at their RXV cart!

Thank you!
Brad
badbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 PM   #42
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrad View Post
Well...... It's Alive! From what I can tell ,on the jack stands , it's running up to speed now. I noticed that after I cut it off and tried to restart it that it would not move at all. I quickly realized (I guess) that the brake has to be attached so that the controller can see the motor still. After holding the motor shaft by hand during "key on" it would start every time. I quess that any movement in that motor during startup the controller recognizes it and says " no start". I didnt hook up the brake because I am waiting on the new style to arrive as the current brake has the one with the lever on it and is burnt pretty bad. I would like to thank you guys for your knowledge and patience with me during this problem.... I really appreciate it! I know now to at least have knowledge of what I'm getting into if anyone else needs me to look at their RXV cart!

Thank you!
Brad
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:59 PM   #43
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Awesome! Yes, a "motor does turn on twist-test is a fail". You have now learned One (or 2, brake fail) of the faults that will shut down a Rxv. Another funny thing I have heard but not confirmed, occasionally it will apply extra current for a "super brake test" on startup. (let's see if we can really finish-off that brake that's near its end?).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #44
badbrad
Not Yet Wild

Where's the best place with the best price to purchase a new brake for the RXV?
badbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #45
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You won't get much cheaper than this http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-OEM-RXV...dU-x2V&vxp=mtr
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO